News   Apr 19, 2024
 806     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 651     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

IMG_0273.JPG

Caught 4518 on test run at Humber

Strange that 4518 isn't tracking yet. What's the protocol for installing and activating the GPS on these cars? I assume it's done after delivery at the Leslie Barns as part of the acceptance.

I know, quite odd. Hopefully it will soon. I was thankful to see it twice today.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you are objecting to me pointing out that we don't a list of Flexities out on 501 on Saturday mornings.

Since you took the time to go back and find this previous message of mine purely for the sake of pointing out what seemed to you to be a contradiction in my posts, I will go ahead and humour you.

I was pointing out that you didn’t address the topic of interest to thettctransitfanatic (which is not a topic of interest of mine). But instead you posted a comment that you knew something he didn’t, yet didn’t post anything about it and then had the audacity to say “nothing to see here” when that was exactly what thettctransitfanatic wanted to see.

Hang on, are you saying we don't need a list of Flexities out on 501 on Saturday mornings? LOL!

Not at all. I don’t need to see this. Others do however and when you point out that there’s “nothing to see here” you are just being conceited.

If you just stop the snyde comments things would be a lot simpler for you here.

If you just stop the snyde comments things would be a lot simpler for you here.

Please stop calling other posters here names and making snyde (sic) remarks. Thank you!

Maybe BOTH of you should make a New Year resolution to stop bickering in public? Time to PM each other if you feel you have been insulted.

Maybe BOTH of you should make a New Year resolution to stop bickering in public? Time to PM each other if you feel you have been insulted.

I agree. They are complaining unnecessarily over something I got over doing ( there are Flexities out on 501 today, for the record, but did I send an list here ? Nope. )

Continuing my "term paper under the wire" analogy, TTC 4521 was placed in the siding at Hillcrest a little before midnight last night.

How's that for a "just in time" supply chain?

- Paul

Continuing my "term paper under the wire" analogy, TTC 4521 was placed in the siding at Hillcrest a little before midnight last night.

How's that for a "just in time" supply chain?

- Paul

But it won't count in the FY 2018 tally as it is not in service. Did that end up at 4417, making it 61 put into service this year?

But it won't count in the FY 2018 tally as it is not in service. Did that end up at 4417, making it 61 put into service this year?
4517 was the last car to enter service as the 59th car for the year. 4520 was the 62nd car for delivery, leaving TTC 2 car short for 2018. Even if 4521 was off loaded in 2018, TTC is still short a car from Kingston.

Since 4521 wasn't off loaded in 2018, it counts as an 2019 car, regardless it was sitting at the loading dock.

We could see 4572 in service by Monday

Sorry I made a major typo-should have been 4517 not 4417 in my query. Thank you for the update.

But that means they are 5 cars short of the target since it is the in-service cars that count. It is up to BBD to get them to TTC in time for inspect so they need to build that 2 weeks or so into their production schedule.

And lest we forget....the quota was actually downsized early in 2018 from 76 to 64 if I recall correctly. And they still couldn't do it. (Granted a huge improvemeny over FY2017 though.

Back