Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

214A985D-283B-492E-AAA8-DF6EC1C89274.jpeg
The future entrance to the bay concourse from the great hall

No pictures but with the hoarding taken down and lots of activity down below in the food court (vendors getting ready for opening day), the York Concourse suddenly feels so much more expansive, even though the view to below has been open for so long. It must be unrestricted views and the multilayered activity that gives this impression. The concourse just feels so much bigger now.

can you focus on the positives?
lol
sorry to be bitter. just having a long week of negative union station experiences

The food court is likely undergoing testing, and this is probably the way they're ramping up carefully, to make sure that the food court ramps up to speed.
Makes sense
Not sure why I was even blaming Metrolinx for things when City of Toronto is behind the food court. I guess frustration makes me forgetful haha

No pictures but with the hoarding taken down and lots of activity down below in the food court (vendors getting ready for opening day), the York Concourse suddenly feels so much more expansive, even though the view to below has been open for so long. It must be unrestricted views and the multilayered activity that gives this impression. The concourse just feels so much bigger now.

Once all the renovations are complete it will be interesting to see how much larger the station is. The one thing the station lacked in recent years was space so it is good to have all these extra corridors and open spaces to disperse the crowd.

Does anyone know when they will begin to work on the floor of the Great Hall and West Wing? They did the walls, they renovated the VIA concourse and the West Wing but the floors are still all cracked and broken. Merely curious since it seems they have moved on from the Great Hall.

Regarding Pizza Studio, I took a look at their website (http://pizzastudiocanada.com/home.html#locations) and from what I can tell they are all small locations in the middle of small towns.

They are such a small company, they would never survive in Union Station. Given where they operate I can only assume they work with low customer volume. The idea behind made to order personal pizzas is a faulty one. As I said, the idea is a novelty and will not last long. Once people realize it takes between 5-10 minutes for a pizza they will start to avoid it. At that point, Pizza Pizza will go back to either a Little Ceasers style operation or pre-made slices.

I just hope they do not sacrifice quality for quantity. Personally I think another Pizza Nova restaurant would have been a hit here.

[QUOTE="kotsy, post: 1398157, member: 24796”] ...regular electric outlets without USB sockets. Whoever dropped the ball on that one ... [/QUOTE]
Feels too soon to say. Is there a scenario where a choice was made to prevent lengthy phone charging, computer work, and general electronic lingering? Like if the food court becomes frequently crowded? That said, USB chargers were made quite available upstairs in the York Concourse.

The food court is coming tomorrow this is so exiting. Does anybody else think that it might experience some sort of teething problems?

I mean like not many people will use it because it’s kind of a dead end but I think that’s just crazy talk
My hunch? They'll do very well. So far, it looks like one of the best developments on the site (Onion Station) because, ta da, it's not Bonefield or the City making it up as they go along.

Back