News   Mar 28, 2024
 126     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 231     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.3K     1 

Laundry In Apartment Blocks

Regarding laundry in newer condos and North Americans, I know about a deal in River City that the potential buyer walked away from because they did not like the combo washer/dryer unit that the condo had. The machine was the stumbling block.

I can see that. The standard tiny stacked units these things come with are a joke.

Maple Leaf Quay / The Quay has its laundry on the second floor - however as part of the new tower to be built, the existing towers are being extended towards the Gardiner and the extension will include laundry on each floor.

I can see that. The standard tiny stacked units these things come with are a joke.

River City has combo washer/dryers (one machine, ventless drying that takes forever). The stacked units are much better in comparison.

Part of the reason why I walked away from a rental in RC2 was the washer/dryer (and the lack of space to hang dry things.

I have often used them in Europe (where they are common) and they work just fine there. If you are right and they 'simply do not dry,' maybe North American models are designed differently.

I've used them in the Middle East and they take at least 2.5-3 hours to dry...waste of time and energy.

Yes, they can take longer but, in my experience, they DO dry. @Filip said they 'do not work' which is not my experience.
Hehehe.. I mean even a broken dryer will -eventually- dry your clothes. Just leave them in long enough!

3-4h of drying isn't my idea of functioning - I know friends with ventless dryers and after the cycle is done (clothes still damp) they hang dry.

Hehehe.. I mean even a broken dryer will -eventually- dry your clothes. Just leave them in long enough!

Nah, that's just mould, bruv!

Ventless, eh? How does that even work? May as well hang dry at that point. I mean, if it does an overnight cycle for my work shirts, gitch, and socks, I'd be alright using it. I pretty well hang dry anything else. Ergo, I personally, see a use for them.

Speaking of RC....I forewent a rental there because the size of the unit, coupled with the layout, was a joke for the price being asked. I didn't get as far as thinking about the ventless dryer.

River City has combo washer/dryers (one machine, ventless drying that takes forever). The stacked units are much better in comparison.

Yeah, the stacked unit dryers are perfectly good. It's the size of the washer that's a joke. It's the size of a sink!*

*--slight exaggeration.

Nah, that's just mould, bruv!

Ventless, eh? How does that even work? May as well hang dry at that point. I mean, if it does an overnight cycle for my work shirts, gitch, and socks, I'd be alright using it. I pretty well hang dry anything else. Ergo, I personally, see a use for them.

Speaking of RC....I forewent a rental there because the size of the unit, coupled with the layout, was a joke for the price being asked. I didn't get as far as thinking about the ventless dryer.
It's also called a condensation dryer from what I know... It basically just tumbles the wet clothes around and any moisture/condensation is collected in water containers you have to empty.

Look at it as a dehumidifier for your clothes!

Problem is, it doesn't dry - your clothes just end up slightly damp, meaning you still have to hang dry them.

It's also called a condensation dryer from what I know... It basically just tumbles the wet clothes around and any moisture/condensation is collected in water containers you have to empty.

Look at it as a dehumidifier for your clothes!

Problem is, it doesn't dry - your clothes just end up slightly damp, meaning you still have to hang dry them.

Seems pointless. I think that's what you said earlier. :p

You could buy quick-dry clothing. (does not go in dryer, and dries relatively quickly).

Its meant for camping/outdoor activities so no suits, LOL

But suitable for certain moments in time.

Back