News   Mar 28, 2024
 248     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 236     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 279     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Number of lines is really irrelevant anyways.

If you took line 3 and 4, turned line 3 into the scarborough extension of line 2, and then connected line 4 to it so it was all one line, you would have more subway service, but it would only be one line.

I support the lrt on finch but I think that there are too many stops.
in my opinion, there should only be 10 stops
1.humber college
2.martingrove
3.Kipling
4.Islington
5.Finchdale Plaza
6.Milvan
7.Weston
8.Jane
9.Derrydowns Park
10.Keele

So the fully grade-separated Canada Line in Vancouver was built in 3.5 years, and the Evergreen line was also built in 3.5 years.
Finch West, basically at-grade, will take 4.5 years.
It looks like on-street LRT construction is not all its cracked up to be.

So the fully grade-separated Canada Line in Vancouver was built in 3.5 years, and the Evergreen line was also built in 3.5 years.

Construction of anything can happen as quickly or as slowly as you want, depending on how much money you want to spend.

So according to this article the completion date for Finch West will be 2023?
Seems like stuff in Ontario just take longer to build. Ion, Confederation line and the Crosstown are saying they can't meet the completion date already. The consortium decided 2023 is a more realistic date.

They could likely build it a lot faster if they shut down Finch Ave, but since that cannot happen, it takes longer.

They could likely build it a lot faster if they shut down Finch Ave, but since that cannot happen, it takes longer.
Perhaps now we have a provincial government that is willing to override the city, we can push Doug Ford to close Finch completely, to complete this LRT line faster and cheaper, leaving more money in our pockets to buy cheap mickeys of vodka!

Back