News   Apr 18, 2024
 503     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

2018 Ontario PC Leadership Race

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BUMP:

Robert Benzie‏Verified account@robertbenzie 1h1 hour ago
The deadline for voting in the @OntarioPCParty leadership contest has now passed. #onpoli #PCPOLdr

Mike Crawley‏Verified account@CBCQueensPark 19m19 minutes ago
NEW: Ontario PC party officials say 64,053 members cast their ballots before voting closed at noon. (Party had 190,000 eligible members, and more than 71,000 were verified to vote. ) #onpoli #pcpoldr

I don't think my dad ever got his PIN to vote...

EDIT:

Nope, he didn't.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does all this make the PCs look strictly like Amateur Hour?

Isn't it weird? This isn't some little known, struggling 3rd or 4th or 5th party, just getting started up, it's the @$#% provincial conservative party, fer chrissakes. How are they this incompetent?

Considering the PINs were delivered by Canada Post, they have to take some of the blame. However, the PCs should have realized that mail can take a long time to be delivered, especially in rural areas. There should have been a way besides snail mail to do this. It's 2018.

^^^Statements in press of law cases being opened on this, one ironically from John Nunziata, and initially I thought it all a bit trite...but not anymore. I think the Province is obligated to step in on this, as to which branch is a good question. Then if not the Province, then the courts, and if no satisfaction there, then Federal Appeal Courts.

This can't stand.

Is it just me, or does all this make the PCs look strictly like Amateur Hour?

Isn't it weird? This isn't some little known, struggling 3rd or 4th or 5th party, just getting started up, it's the @$#% provincial conservative party, fer chrissakes. How are they this incompetent?

They've been out of power for 15 years. 19 years since they last had a victory. Why are the PCs being held to these impossibly high standards? A pencil could run and still govern better than the Liberals. I think you cynics are frankly asking for too much

I think you cynics are frankly asking for too much
lol...I don't have the vote in this nation anymore, and I'm neutral on the outcome of this election, save that it's lacking from all angles, the days of effective, dynamic leaders who can galvanize change, and an electorate that's willing to do what's needed to affect change (last instance I can think of was Chretien's challenge to the nation on reducing debt, and it was Martin who machinated it, but voters agreed to tighten their belts to make it happen) but you miss an essential point:

This is *amateurish* by any measure of Joe's Corner Store Incorporated. If not flat out illegal. Short on time here, but I started digging to see if this comes under the aegis of Elections Canada. Provincial elections do, not sure about "Official" parties.

If you think this is acceptable, then you've just impugned the integrity of this nation.

Last edited:
They've been out of power for 15 years. 19 years since they last had a victory. Why are the PCs being held to these impossibly high standards? A pencil could run and still govern better than the Liberals. I think you cynics are frankly asking for too much
Oh, come on! This whole saga has really been 'amateur hour' and has done little to give anyone confidence that the PCs (who seem to hate each other almost as much as they hate Wynne) could run a rather large and complex Province any better than the (admittedly) tired Liberals. (Leader de-throned over scandal, ex-leader runs again, ex-leader withdraws, party policy and election manifesto renounced, main source of new revenue dis-owned and return to 'hunt the gravy' to pay for promises, "rot in the Party", confusion over mechanics of new leader election etc etc.) Pathetic!

Do you guys feel ripped off for having paid for membership and endured inane emails to not get a vote for not-Ford?

I would have....alas, I'm a member of another party and couldn't join the game.

So what are your final predictions?

I’ll go with Ford in 3 ballots, 51-49

May god have mercy on our souls

Back