Westlake Condos (The Onni Group) - Real Estate -

Square footage includes half of the wall dividing adjacent units, and includes the entire wall if it is an exterior wall or wall dividing the unit from common elements (such as corridors, stairwells and elevator shafts). This is the standard for measuring floor area for a condo unit -- many salespeople don't really know this fact.

What floor is your unit? Did they give you a firm occupancy date?

May 1st here (low floor). It's a great time of year to move! I'm in Westlake 1 currently and we moved in here in February. All the leaves fell off my ficus tree.. it took a year for it to fill out again!

The letter said the amenities, including the pool, should all be open by this date as well which is awesome.

Has anyone received their pre-delivery inspection dates yet?

I had my pre-inspection on March 1st last week. My unit is on the 3rd floor. Occupancy is set for May 3rd.

As an aside, does anyone know if there are dry saunas in the building or only a steam room?

My PDI is scheduled for this Friday.

@dankind According to the disclosure, there is a steam room (not a dry sauna), but they reserved the right to change or add additional amenities so I guess we'll have to wait and see what we end up with.

My PDI is scheduled for this Friday.

@dankind According to the disclosure, there is a steam room (not a dry sauna), but they reserved the right to change or add additional amenities so I guess we'll have to wait and see what we end up with.

Hey! How was your PDI? My unit is in the 35th floor and haven't received any PDI date yet, mine probably will be on June.
Make sure to record all the deficiencies. On the previous Westlake project they responded quickly.

Hey! How was your PDI? My unit is in the 35th floor and haven't received any PDI date yet, mine probably will be on June.
Make sure to record all the deficiencies. On the previous Westlake project they responded quickly.

When Onni first sent us an email about PDI dates, I asked when I can expect mine, and they said late March/ early April. I am on the 29th floor so I would assume yours will be only a little after that!

Hey yakuh, the PDI was not bad - there were a bunch of minor things and a few bigger things. Overall, it looked like the finishing was a little rushed so we had to point out a number of areas that needed cleaning up with the drywall and such. The position of some of the light switches was odd. There was some extra storage space in our floor plan which didn't make it into the finished product which was disappointing, and the ensuite bathroom fan didn't appear to be positioned close enough to the shower to function properly (did not take a shower during the PDI, so this is untested for now :). We also noticed that the railings used on our patio are too tall. One other issue was the positioning of the cable outlet which they installed in the dining room even though the floor plan shows the TV in the living room. Bizarre. The customer care staff were nice and seemed to be understanding about the issues, so we are hoping for a positive outcome. That being said we liked the flooring and kitchen and the overall feeling of our place. We also noticed they are using a nicer colour scheme (in my opinion) for the hallways and suite doors as compared to Westlake 1 where we currently live.

Hey yakuh, the PDI was not bad - there were a bunch of minor things and a few bigger things. Overall, it looked like the finishing was a little rushed so we had to point out a number of areas that needed cleaning up with the drywall and such. The position of some of the light switches was odd. There was some extra storage space in our floor plan which didn't make it into the finished product which was disappointing, and the ensuite bathroom fan didn't appear to be positioned close enough to the shower to function properly (did not take a shower during the PDI, so this is untested for now :). We also noticed that the railings used on our patio are too tall. One other issue was the positioning of the cable outlet which they installed in the dining room even though the floor plan shows the TV in the living room. Bizarre. The customer care staff were nice and seemed to be understanding about the issues, so we are hoping for a positive outcome. That being said we liked the flooring and kitchen and the overall feeling of our place. We also noticed they are using a nicer colour scheme (in my opinion) for the hallways and suite doors as compared to Westlake 1 where we currently live.

Thank you for the info. I emailed the customer service but they did not respond to me on when will be my PDI date. The sales centre people said I will be contacted once it's close to the date.

Thank you for the info. I emailed the customer service but they did not respond to me on when will be my PDI date. The sales centre people said I will be contacted once it's close to the date.

No prob, yeah, they are working up from the ground floor...

Hey Yakuh, I got a call from Onni this morning for my PDI which will be next Tuesday. I would expect your call to come some time next week!

Cheers!

Hey Yakuh, I got a call from Onni this morning for my PDI which will be next Tuesday. I would expect your call to come
some time next week!

Cheers!

Thanks for the update. I called them and they said my unit is not PDI ready yet. Mine will probably be on the 2nd or 3rd week of April. Btw there is a facebook group that was created for Encore owners. Its called Westlake Encore Owners and Residents. You may want to join. It would be good to connect with neighbours. I will be joining soon too.
Let me know how's your PDI once you're done :)

Thanks for the update. I called them and they said my unit is not PDI ready yet. Mine will probably be on the 2nd or 3rd week of April. Btw there is a facebook group that was created for Encore owners. Its called Westlake Encore Owners and Residents. You may want to join. It would be good to connect with neighbours. I will be joining soon too.
Let me know how's your PDI once you're done :)

Thanks for the info regarding the Facebook group, I am now a member. Regarding the PDI, I think it went very well. The measurements were as stated so I didn't loose any space. There were a few very minor touch ups including misaligned cabinets and a small hole where the door hits the wall (faulty door stop).

Other than that, the condo is beautiful. Onni did a great job with this building, even the third-party inspector mentioned it is one of the better buildings hes seen around Toronto.

Very excited to move in and see everyone!

Back