News   Apr 25, 2024
 152     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

He has found me out! (and increased spacing to quadruple!)

"This is urgent.

Your email address isn’t linked to an active PC Party Membership.

If you aren’t a member, you can’t vote.

The party gave us an updated list TODAY.

To make sure you can vote, buy a $10 membership from the PC Party right now! <http://www.fordforleader.ca/r?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.ontariopc.com%2FPartyjoin&e=712a58876cf21d8320ccbf67940062f0&utm_source=fordforleader&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=warn_nonmem_s&n=1>

The deadline is Friday."

Is there a prohibition against being a member of more than one political party?
Not a legal one per se. Parties forbid you from holding multiple memberships but worst they can do is cancel your card.

One of Mike Chong's proposed reforms at the federal level would have been a centrally managed party registry to stop the type of shenanigans going on with the PCPO right now.

I just signed up; whatever glitch in the system that wouldn't allow me to sign up earlier seems to have been fixed. I did send them a note about it but they never got back to me. All you have to provide is your name and contact info. There wasn't a question about whether or not you are a member of another party.

Campaign updates Folks! Since registering as a candidate on February 2nd, our team has raised nearly $70,000 from 702 grassroots donors and sold just over 12,500 memberships in the @OntarioPCParty. Thanks for your support. Get your membership today: https://secure.ontariopc.com/Partyjoin #PCPO

So do we believe these numbers? I talked to a PCPO insider recently and they figure maybe 25,000 of the existing members will show up at the ballot box. If we assume that Elliott and Mulroney each picked up a few thousand votes, we could charitably say Doug had a net 6,000 vote gain.

All of these numbers other than Ford's (assuming they are true) are picked out of the air:
  • 26k existing
  • 12k new Ford
  • 4k new Elliott
  • 4k new Mulroney
  • = 46k total voters
  • Assume Ford gets half Mulroney's signups on the 2nd ballot
  • 14k new for Ford, 23k needed for a win
  • Can Ford snag 9k of the existing 26k by second ballot? That's only 35%.
  • If we assume 25% of current members are socons and all go to Ford, he only needs 2k of the remaining 19k to win
Based on this analysis is looks like he's in the pole position. We will know more once Elliott and Mulroney report their numbers.

Wow! There are some Ontarians who consider Donald Trump great? Worse, that we should imitate him?

From link.

Canadians Are Calling Politician Doug Ford The Next Donald Trump And It's Being Said As A Compliment
Make Ontario great again?!?

a1dfd5f58fbc5ef4427e4dfd779890eff15b5a42.jpg_1200x630.jpg

Some very familiar faces have been back in the news recently. Most notably is Toronto City Councillor Doug Ford. Ford recently pulled out of the Toronto mayoral race against current mayor and former opponent John Tory in order to run for the leadership position of the Progressive Conservative (PC) Party of Ontario.

The news of his interest for the PC position has been met with both excitement and disbelief. He's definitely a controversial pick considering he worked alongside his brother, Rob Ford's, during his rocky run as Toronto mayor from 2010-2014 and was called out for being loud, angry and brash while personally campaign for Mayor in 2014.

However, that doesn't mean you should count Doug Ford out of the Ontario PC leadership race. For as many people there are that dislike him, he's also got strong devote following of #FordNation supports who love him and his direct way he communicates. Something that has made many compare him to U.S. President Donald Trump.

With the hashtag #MOGA (Make Ontario Great Again) trending, people are asking Doug Ford to step in and make Ontario better than ever.

To the comparison Ford told CBC News "Good luck to President Trump. I'm worried with Ontario. I'm not worried about what's going down in the states."

Adding, "I don't have to compare myself to Donald Trump," saying that he and his family have been in politics long before Trump came along.

And it's only Wednesday!

The Liberals are giving taxpayer money to political parties to run their campaigns.

Just last year:

$5 million went to the Liberals.

$4 million went to the PC Party.

$0 is how much taxpayer money either party deserved.

Only the most politically corrupt insiders at Queen’s Park could believe this is a good idea.

Tax dollars shouldn’t go to political parties.

You know me.

You know I will stand up for taxpayers.

I’ll end the taxpayer slush fund for political parties.

But I can’t do it without your help.

And it's only Wednesday!

The Liberals are giving taxpayer money to political parties to run their campaigns.

Just last year:

Only the most politically corrupt insiders at Queen’s Park could believe this is a good idea.

Tax dollars shouldn’t go to political parties.

You know me.

You know I will stand up for taxpayers.

I’ll end the taxpayer slush fund for political parties.

But I can’t do it without your help.

....but as someone else pointed out on Twitter, Doug himself advertises this slush fund for donors to his campaign:
https://fordforleader.nationbuilder.com/donate

Derg Ferd said:
Donate - Help Doug Win!
$50 (Your Cost After Tax Credit $12.50)

$100 (Your Cost After Tax Credit $25)

$250 (Your Cost After Tax Credit $62.50)

$500 (Your Cost After Tax Credit $150.25)

$1222 (Max Contribution - Your Cost After Tax Credit $500.25)

Just last year:

Of course! Taxpayer money should be used to spruce up the roads and sidewalks around the family business before a big anniversary!

Robbie and Dougie where/are their worst enemy, The Star, as like others, are just making money off their circus; don't want to be published negatively? Don't act like a clown. Anyway, print publications saw their days numbered once the first news article was available on the interwebules. Sad.
upload_2018-2-15_13-47-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-15_13-47-40.png
    upload_2018-2-15_13-47-40.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 410

Back