News   Apr 18, 2024
 521     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 4.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     4 

Toronto Premium Outlets (Halton Hills)

Outlets usually are not pretty. They're just outlets. The one in Orlando has Prada, Barney's and Bruno cucinelli, yet it's ugly.

Outlets usually are not pretty. They're just outlets. The one in Orlando has Prada, Barney's and Bruno cucinelli, yet it's ugly.
Theoretically that's why they are supposed to have cheaper merchandise, as the cheaper rent allows them to pass the savings to the consumer. Or so the theory goes.

The prices at the outlet don't come close to the bargains you find in the states, add in the tax you're probably not really saving a whole lot. i don't find it's worth the drive.

Last edited:
The prices at the outlet don't come close to the bargains you find in the states, add in the tax you're probably not really saving a whole lot more than you would at a regular mall.

that's actually not true, at the burberry out let I saw a bag that I had seen at the yorkdale store about a year ago for spring that was originally $1900 and after their markdowns and the additional 50% of winter clearance the bag came out to $765 with taxes in and there were even better deals on the prorsum line with bags originally marked near $3000 for $950

the reason why it is so far is because that's where they could find land that was easily accessible by highway a lot of American outlets feature the name of the city they're closets to without actually being within the limits of the immediate city, Toronto is also a strange city compared to American counter parts because of the large population of Mississauga which is right next to Toronto, and that is not usually the case in American cities

Outlets are generally far from large urban centres as to not directly compete with the retailers' mainline stores in malls and city centres - you have to make an effort to get out there. And once you're there, you're quite likely not to leave empty handed. The 401/Trafalgar isn't really that far out compared to many US outlet malls.

The closest big outlet malls in the US from Toronto (Niagara Falls excluded) are in places like Waterloo, New York - 1 1/2 hours from Buffalo and 45 minutes from either Rochester or Syracuse; or Birch Run, Michigan - 1 hour, 15 minutes from Detroit or Sarnia, or Grove City, Pennsylvania - 60 to 90 minutes from Pittsburgh, Erie or Cleveland.

There are shopping bus tours from Toronto to Grove City - a four to five hour drive - popular because Pennsylvania has no sales tax on clothing items.

I only shop at outlet malls - and even then not often - when it's part of a larger road trip and its on the way. I think there's little point making it the main destination of a trip.

I think it's a shame that the Halton Hills outlet doesn't have transit mostly because the jobs there are all $10.25-$14.00/hour retail jobs - not so much for the convenience of shoppers.

Last edited:
Outlets are generally far from large urban centres as to not directly compete with the retailers' mainline stores in malls and city centres - you have to make an effort to get out there. And once you're there, you're quite likely not to leave empty handed. The 401/Trafalgar isn't really that far out compared to many US outlet malls.

The closest big outlet malls in the US from Toronto (Niagara Falls excluded) are in places like Waterloo, New York - 1 1/2 hours from Buffalo and 45 minutes from either Rochester or Syracuse; or Birch Run, Michigan - 1 hour, 15 minutes from Detroit or Sarnia, or Grove City, Pennsylvania - 60 to 90 minutes from Pittsburgh, Erie or Cleveland.

There are shopping bus tours from Toronto to Grove City - a four to five hour drive - popular because Pennsylvania has no sales tax on clothing items.

I only shop at outlet malls - and even then not often - when it's part of a larger road trip and its on the way. I think there's little point making it the main destination of a trip.

I think it's a shame that the Halton Hills outlet doesn't have transit mostly because the jobs there are all $10.25-$14.00/hour retail jobs - not so much for the convenience of shoppers.
Having the Premium Outlets Toronto name in Halton Hills is like naming the Birch Run one Detroit or Lansing.

Having the Premium Outlets Toronto name in Halton Hills is like naming the Birch Run one Detroit or Lansing.

That's pushing it is a bit. Birch Run is a hell of a haul from Detroit. Great Lakes Crossing might be a better comparison based on proximity. Most of the Premium Outlets are located outside of the cities they are named after...Las Vegas and Orlando are two that come to mind.

I have found that the prices at this location, at least recently, have been surprisingly-good and pretty close to US outlet prices (or better) with the weaker dollar now.

I agree that food court is terrible. I could see them building an entirely new one at some point and converting that space to more retail.

That's pushing it is a bit. Birch Run is a hell of a haul from Detroit. Great Lakes Crossing might be a better comparison based on proximity. Most of the Premium Outlets are located outside of the cities they are named after...Las Vegas and Orlando are two that come to mind.

I have found that the prices at this location, at least recently, have been surprisingly-good and pretty close to US outlet prices (or better) with the weaker dollar now.

I agree that food court is terrible. I could see them building an entirely new one at some point and converting that space to more retail.

some of the prices are amazing you're right and I recall that this was the first of a two phase development so maybe a bigger food court could be in the second phase

The prices at the outlet don't come close to the bargains you find in the states, add in the tax you're probably not really saving a whole lot. i don't find it's worth the drive.

It really depends what your'e looking for. I have found things at a cheaper price there than in the Fashion outlets South of the border. I've done pretty well there.

I'm surprised no one has posted about this, but Toronto Premium Outlets opened a parking garage last year and is undergoing an expansion of an additonal 40 stores.

https://www.insauga.com/premium-outlet-mall-minutes-from-mississauga-undergoing-massive-expansion

https://www.inhalton.com/huge-mall-expansion-on-deck-in-halton

Despite the proximity to Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton, it's a shame that there's no transit access to the outlet mall. Not so much for customers (of whom I expect very few would use it), but for employees. But it's located in Halton Hills, which continues to resist offering any local transit.

Amazed Brampton transit doesn't try to provide some sort of link to Milton along Steeles.

The same reason why Brampton Transit doesn't provide service to Caledon, which now has several subdivisions immediately straddling the Brampton border: Caledon has to request it. There's a large warehouse north of Mayfield that wanted Brampton Transit service, it had to lobby Caledon council to agree to allow Brampton to serve it. Brampton has long-standing agreements with Toronto, York Region, and Mississauga for cross-border transit.

Back