News   Apr 24, 2024
 200     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.3K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 613     0 

Toronto Premium Outlets (Halton Hills)

Plus you factor in HST you're not getting much of a deal. The Outlet malls in P.A. have no sales tax on clothing. Lots of brands have merchandise made just for the outlets that is lower quality.

love the astro turf on that shot!

As for deals...well that depends on what you are looking for.
From my experience the regular prices are pretty much like retail in any T.O establishment.
Most places have their prices discounted by 20% while others were more so, for example:
  • Coach- best one as everything, even clearance items, were 50% off ( men and women ).
  • Cole Haan - all shoes were between 40% to 60% off MSP
  • Restoration Hardware - average 20% off but got a great deal on a leather iPad case with bluetooth keyboard@$47CND
  • Mountain Warehouse - most items were 50% off; similar to Mt Co-Op
  • Ralph Lauren - could not understand the appeal especially since their items are priced the same as in Sporting Life/Holts/et al...

ooooo the traffic is disgusting so if you plan on going aim for a 9AM arrival. As it is an outdoor mall dress accordingly.
Best route is to approach from Trafalgar going north.

I bought the iPad leather case and keyboard as well - great deal! :)

Hmm maybe I'll tell my mom to take Britannia and then Trafalgar if that's an easier route.

I was fortunate to get a job at the mall and unfortunately (in terms of finding parking lol) have also been given shifts to work the opening of what is arguably one of the busiest malls in Canada these past few days. If you want to check the mall out and see whats inside I really urge you to wait a week or so to let this place calm down. I've had customers wait 4 hours in traffic just to get here and let me say that unless you are a hard core shopper that its best to wait a bit and save yourself the agitation and unpleasant experience of visiting the mall at such a crazy time.

On my drive home from the gym, I got a glimpse of the 401 from Creditview. The westbound lanes were packed for miles! I turned my radio to 680, and they said it was slow from Dixie to Trafalgar. So everyone is going to this mall?? Crazy!

Are the crowds any sparser now that it's been a few weeks since the opening? I'm not much of a shopper but I'd definitely like to visit this outlet mall...just out of curiosity.

as its been almost 8 months since Toronto premium outlets has opened its interesting to see how busy it has been in the winter during the week, having gone a few times when I have had 3 hour breaks between classes the mall has been quite as busy than some indoor malls such as Square One and Erin mills Town Center and even Vaughan Mills during the day on a week day, that being said I assume this means that the center is doing well.

On my last visit I noticed that a Tory Burch outlet will be opening which is located closely to the Burberry outlet on the Hudsons Bay end of the mall. As there are currently less than a dozen Tory Burch outlets within the US I find this interesting as it means that Toronto Premium outlets has began to succeed in luring outlets from large fashion labels who carefully select their few outlets meticulously.

this could mean more designer outlets in the Mall?

I checked it out a few Sundays back. Despite the cold weather, the mall was quite busy.

From a design standpoint, the mall is quite atrocious. Cheap and ugly and it doesn't even make a hint of an effort towards something urban. As for the shopping, it's admittedly pretty good. It's probably better than the outlet malls on both sides of Niagara Falls and has managed to amass a fairly impressive collection of designer boutiques. It's worth a stop if you are out that way basically.

I checked it out a few Sundays back. Despite the cold weather, the mall was quite busy.

From a design standpoint, the mall is quite atrocious. Cheap and ugly and it doesn't even make a hint of an effort towards something urban. As for the shopping, it's admittedly pretty good. It's probably better than the outlet malls on both sides of Niagara Falls and has managed to amass a fairly impressive collection of designer boutiques. It's worth a stop if you are out that way basically.

it could be "ugly and cheap" as they were in more of a rush to finish the project faster to be the first premium outlet mall as opposed to what was already in the Canadian market, that being said the design is very much stolen from US outlet malls and really is not one of the ugliest which I have seen, although it would be interesting to see how long the finishes can hold up in this type of climate as opposed to southern American states with warmer winter climates (Florida, Nevada and California)

I just find the name of the place to be very funny.

Calling something so far from Toronto "Toronto......." seems bizarre. Also, in an attempt to sound all urban (I guess) they give directions to the place by train....except the train stations they reference (Meadowvale and Milton) don't have any off peak or reverse commute service and, to compound it, they show how long it takes by taxi to get from the stations to the mall......so not really a public transit accessible place.

Not the end of the world.....just a couple of things I find strange.

It serves the Greater Toronto Area, I suppose. They didn't build it because they wanted to serve the people of Halton Hills.

I'm surprised that the design of the place is so craptastic. I would have thought that the quality of the mall would be better, given the tenants, but perhaps I am overly optimistic.

I just find the name of the place to be very funny.

Calling something so far from Toronto "Toronto......." seems bizarre. Also, in an attempt to sound all urban (I guess) they give directions to the place by train....except the train stations they reference (Meadowvale and Milton) don't have any off peak or reverse commute service and, to compound it, they show how long it takes by taxi to get from the stations to the mall......so not really a public transit accessible place.

Not the end of the world.....just a couple of things I find strange.

the reason why it is so far is because that's where they could find land that was easily accessible by highway a lot of American outlets feature the name of the city they're closets to without actually being within the limits of the immediate city, Toronto is also a strange city compared to American counter parts because of the large population of Mississauga which is right next to Toronto, and that is not usually the case in American cities

Back