Toronto Auberge On The Park | 148.9m | 45s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza

The answer to "How can we look as cheap as 365 Church, but on a grander scale"

I've been seeing this marketed all the time on Fairchild TV ads lately. (I know this because Fairchild constantly plays in the background, usually on mute, at my in-laws' home and some restaurants I've been to lately.) The commercials are schlocky too - images of deer and other wildlife that would supposedly be prancing around in this towers-in-the-park development.

I've been seeing this marketed all the time on Fairchild TV ads lately. (I know this because Fairchild constantly plays in the background, usually on mute, at my in-laws' home and some restaurants I've been to lately.) The commercials are schlocky too - images of deer and other wildlife that would supposedly be prancing around in this towers-in-the-park development.
FWIW, I've seen deer in Serena Gundy/Sunnybrook Park on multiple occasions.

I see deer up in Thistetown once in a while. Not sure how common they are, but they definitely move along the ravines.

I've seen deer in Leslieville at least twice in the past ten years. They come up out of the ravines from time to time - and all too often, are hit by cars.

I remember a few years ago a deer ran out of high park and onto the Gardiner.. They are very common.
It wasn't High Park - it was either the south end of the Humber valley or the Mimco Creek valley, as the deer was rounded up near the Park Lawn entrance.

I don't know about the Mimico (which does have some deep woods north of The Queensway), but there are deer living along the Humber, and they have been for years. I see them occasionally at night when heading home down through the valley parks from Old Mill station, but just once in a long while during the daytime. There are three of them in this pic from April one year:

P1080666.jpg

Snapping turtles, coyotes, foxes, rabbits, skunks, possums have all made appearances as well… so yeah, while the animals normally keep out of the way, they are definitely out there.

Back