Toronto Lower Garrison Creek Park | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

Acknowledging we should be rightly skeptical of anything urban design-related seen on BlogTO, it nonetheless has a new article up that concludes with this:

Designs for the park have been around since 2013, but the project is only now about to be realized. According to Toronto's Parks, Forestry and Recreation department, construction tenders will be issued this summer with work scheduled to begin early next year.

Mouth of the Creek Park is expected to be complete in 2019.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/04/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Acknowledging we should be rightly skeptical of anything urban design-related seen on BlogTO, it nonetheless has a new article up that concludes with this:

Designs for the park have been around since 2013, but the project is only now about to be realized. According to Toronto's Parks, Forestry and Recreation department, construction tenders will be issued this summer with work scheduled to begin early next year.

Mouth of the Creek Park is expected to be complete in 2019.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/04/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The city's track record in executing parks is, being generous - decidedly mixed. I am not all that confident in their ability to realize this project without loss in quality.

AoD

I wonder if this park will still happen, or if they will keep leaving it until they make a decision on the rail deck park?

Thought they are now in step with the Rail Deck Park project. From this link, it would be the triangle to the lower left.
998d-RDP-study-area.jpg

I checked with the architects (Public Work) and they wrote " Thanks for your note. The project was on pause for a few years but I’m happy to report we are working again on detailed design for the park. At this point, the City is targeting construction in 2019, once the rehabilitation of Bathurst Bridge is complete."

So I guess the promise of it being done in 2014 is really not going to be kept? :D

Reactions: DSC

Back