Toronto e2 at ePlace | 156.56m | 46s | Capital Developments | TACT Architecture

Buddy had a very nice loft unit in 39 roehampton. I think you may have mistaken a unit for the property.

Does anyone know if 39 Roehampton Ave is on the block. We were told that there were at least two potential bidders for the site.
39 Roehampton is in the final stages of concluding its sales agreement. We have yet to hear of the details but there was over a 80% vote by the owners to go along with the sale. Final details are still pending.

They better retain (or even add!) office space.

Opportunity for a mid-block pedestrian connection to Roehampton here? Or is it too close to Yonge Street?

This is a real character building, one of the loveliest in the neighbourhood. I think we will really regret losing it in time.

Oh god, this is that really nice brick building, isn't it? I'm not sure how old it is; could it be significant enough (architecturally speaking) to warrant a heritage designation?

Last edited:
The site is actually 39-41 Roehampton, with 25 ft of additional land in the rear parking lot of 50 Eglinton. So the brick building at 50 Eglinton will not be touched. This is a partnership between Metropia and Capital Developments. Architect is Tact. The city will have the submission materials posted fairly soon which should clear some of the address confusion up. A new (and significant) POPS is being proposed on the site which we know the City and Community want to see in this neighbourhood. We very much hope it will eventually create a full mid block connection to Eglinton. Hope that clears some things up.

41 is that single detached brick building used as an office, according to GoogleMaps. 39 must be that goofy-looking 4-storey buiding right next to it. It's going to be pretty tight against the E Condos site.

Hmm, possibly, although since the four floor building you're talking about is a condo, it may not be very easy at all to get all owners to agree to move out, especially since they live so close to the subway/have a great location. Keep in mind it's a relatively recent build, not quite 20 years old yet.

If it isn't the small condo, which one's 39 Roehampton? There's no other buildings between the E condos site and 41. Metropia may have bought out each of the condo owners at a big markup. When one of my clients bought up some detached houses near Mt. Pleasant for a development, the owners got about 60% above market value for their units.

A few notes...the 27-unit condo building at 39 Roehampton has been sold, by a vote of over 80% of owners, as required by law -- apparently the first time in Ontario history this has happened. The deal closes Jan 31, and it is anticipated the building will be demolished shortly afterwards. The "office" next to it is a special needs school that has been given a year to find a new home.

A few notes...the 27-unit condo building at 39 Roehampton has been sold, by a vote of over 80% of owners, as required by law -- apparently the first time in Ontario history this has happened. The deal closes Jan 31, and it is anticipated the building will be demolished shortly afterwards. The "office" next to it is a special needs school that has been given a year to find a new home.
interesting. I wasn't aware of such a clause.

Back