News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 865     0 

Toronto events and festivals

Taste of the Danforth is dull, dull, dull. Although some of the food vendors do interesting things, the food options tend towards the safe and routine, and beyond the food there is very little of interest.
...and not just dull, but extremely crowded as well to the point of it becoming a hazard.

Taste of the Danforth reminds me of the old Yogi Berra quote: "nobody goes there anymore, its too busy" :)

I haven't been in about 5 years, because the last time I went it was too damn crowded.

I went to the Ex primarily to catch Pokémon.

Note that most of the Pokéstops are located in the southwestern part of the grounds, where the fountains and gardens are (as well as the Fort Rouillé monument, Scadding Cabin, and the wind turbine); there are approximately ten Pokéstops in that area arranged rather linearly.

The Ex does not have those dreaded Drowzees (or Hypnos) plaguing the rest of the city.

Much of the midway games' prizes consist of plush Pokémon toys (the vast majority being the Generation 1 starter Pokémon, i.e. Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu, though there are some plush Blastoise and Charizard toys (they are the final evolutions of Squirtle and Charmander, respectively, during the first generation)) to cash in on the PokéRenaissance, along with some of the cute plush dragon toys of various sized from Caravan Softoys.

Last edited:
Where are the best neighbourhoods to visit on halloween, i.e those with the best decorated and scary homes? Any suggestions?

http://www.nightitup.com/

Unfortunately today is the last day; I went yesterday in the evening because the weather was looking awesome.
I could have gone on Friday, but it was too Hot outside and after a long day at work, I really wanted to chill inside a swimming pool.

Just a few pictures from yesterday and yeah, it was pretty stinky.... because of the Stinky Tofu, but I really liked the Takoyaki.

16lmly1.jpg

2n1ghfn.jpg

2dbrv60.jpg

Back