IMG_0647.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 637
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 645
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 639
Thanks! Gawd, those trash/recycle bins and picnic tables are the bane of Toronto parks - need to be wiped out ASAP.

AoD

While were at it, can we get rid of the people employed by the City who thought they were acceptable in the first place?

Thanks! Gawd, those trash/recycle bins and picnic tables are the bane of Toronto parks - need to be wiped out ASAP.

AoD

What irks me more than anything else is that there is a large piece of greenspace, fence in and completely useless, sitting right next to the actual park. There is absolutely no reason that this should not be turned over to the city and merged with Grange Park, so that people will actually use it. I mean, this is just stupid.

IMG_0642.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 626
Last edited:
While were at it, can we get rid of the people employed by the City who thought they were acceptable in the first place?

Indeed - no argument there at all.

What irks me more than anything else is that there is a large piece of greenspace, fence in and completely useless, sitting right next to the actual park. There is absolutely no reason that this should not be turned over to the city and merged with Grange Park, so that people will actually use it. I mean, this is just stupid.

I agree, but it is privately owned space (is there parking underneath?) - I can't see anyone turning it over to the city gratis. I would be counting the lucky stars if they don't come up with a development proposal for it.

AoD

I agree, but it is privately owned space (is there parking underneath?) - I can't see anyone turning it over to the city gratis. I would be counting the lucky stars if they don't come up with a development proposal for it.
AoD

Underground parking and other building utilities are definitely underneath it. That green space is used as an unofficial dog park right anyways. The newer management isn't as strict about kicking people out. That being said, I can't wait for the dog park to be completed. My closest one right now is 20-25 minutes away by foot. This will benefit the Baldwin Village and Chinatown/Kensington area residents, being only 5- 10 minutes away.

Those huge plastic garbage bins have become as iconic a symbol of Toronto as our wooden frontier-town hydro poles and tiny dead street trees.

Yes there is, and it was mentioned above. It is privately owned. The owner(s) can do what they want with it and are under no obligation to hand it over to the City. Would it be nice if it became an extension of Grange Park? Yes. However, it is exceptionally lush and manicured. If the City were to take control of it, you know how that will end up and the added foot traffic will turn the grass into large dirt patches. Not that any discussion about your prospect shouldn't occur, but I doubt your wish will come true. Why don't you speak with whomever runs the building and try to convince them of your idea? It's probably a long shot, but that might be the best chance of this coming to fruition.

Since it us used as a space for dogs, perhaps that is why the grass is so green? It must be well fertilized with dog droppings.

I could stand to be corrected, but I do believe the City did have a discussion with the owner of that property at one time about acquiring 'strata' rights to extend Grange Park. If that was the case, it obviously went nowhere.

Who thought it was a wise idea to have these huge garbage bins in the parks? It's absolutely ridiculous. Do the people who run this city travel to other cities. These people are living in a whole different world.

Who thought it was a wise idea to have these huge garbage bins in the parks? It's absolutely ridiculous. Do the people who run this city travel to other cities. These people are living in a whole different world.

This was a product of taking the garbage collection in parks away from the Parks dept. who used to do this involving staff, who would empty the bins by hand (extract the bags) and transport them via pick-up truck.

Instead the it was given over to Solid Waste Management who decided to use the same bins they use for commercial businesses because that's the way they do things, (using a design where the truck lifts the bin).

They were told from day one it was an aesthetic disaster; and as usual paid absolutely no attention.

Along with these hideous park signs! The city could literally hire any first year OCAD student and get a more attractive and legible design.

That "City within a park" font.... dear god.... what were they thinking?!

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 6.57.36 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 6.57.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 6.57.36 PM.png
    340.2 KB · Views: 728
Are they still planning a water feature here ?

Back