Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

If only this turns out as good as 56 Leonard

05PEmkj.jpg

Nice height for that neck of the woods:cool:

88 QUEEN ST E
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

Four mixed-use towers ranging in height from 28 to 54 storeys (with a maximum height of 177.0 metres, including mechanical penthouse), containing 1,455 residential units, 11,591.0 square metres of non-residential gross floor area and 116,000 square metres of residential gross floor area.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 165239 STE 27 OZ May 31, 2016 Application Received

Some images from Wednesday night's consultation. The taller tower to the south is looking much more focused and less like a plagiarized 56 Leonard. The crowd seemed generally positive too which is interesting, considering the proposed height and location.

IMG_5213.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5215.JPG

IMG_5216.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5213.JPG
    IMG_5213.JPG
    935.6 KB · Views: 1,069
  • IMG_5214.JPG
    IMG_5214.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,038
  • IMG_5215.JPG
    IMG_5215.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,067
  • IMG_5216.JPG
    IMG_5216.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,023
  • IMG_5218.JPG
    IMG_5218.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,110
Bravo! The ground level and the tallest three towers look fantastic so I'll take the crappy 88 Queen East for it.

Still a bit cautious about the height of the project but, in the end, I don't even care because I'm moving out of this awful area anyways!

66da3o.jpg

Love the evolution. "Plagiarized 56 Leonard" is so spot on - that killed the previous iteration for me. A timid, less interesting facsimile is just the worst. Happy to see this rework.

The plans and designs are definitely getting better (albeit the north tower is a weak design which will look worse, once built).

The south tower is something to look forward to. And the way ground level and podiums have greatly improved from previous designs (I like the brick on the base of the south tower).

Random and disjointed thoughts over.

Nice to see development expanding to the west to fill in the parking lots.
My dream is to watch Toronto become as dense, and lively as Manhattan, within my lifetime.

Is 88north in sales? I don't hear or see much activity. Any of you bought or invested in units?
Is 88north in sales? I don't hear or see much activity. Any of you bought or invested in units?

As quoted from the Developer in a blog site (previously posted) - the first tower sold out.

88 North sold out fast, Patrick Quigley (Developer) tells us, and “for a substantial premium over what’s been selling in this area.”

and he also added - "Larger suites were 88 North’s fastest sellers", Patrick says, a sign the condo market is “oversaturated" with one-bedroom product,

I totally agree with his assessment.

People shut out of the semi-detached market are turning to larger condo units.

Link to full blog post https://www.bisnow.com/toronto/news...om-parking-lot-to-downtown-east-hotspot-62567

Back