IMG_0208.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,196
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,203
  • IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,183
I don't agree with the comments above, I think this tower looks great at this intersection. It's handsomely proportioned and adds some colour at street level. The design is simple, and not trying to draw the eye without anything show for it (cough*Studio*cough). It's not winning any awards, but it doesn't detract in any way.

It's not too bad at street level, but I'm having a hard time seeing the top looking good once all the cladding is on. Can anyone looking at the photo above imagine that looking better than awful when complete? It's another million-mullion-mess with deadly dull gray spandrel.

Not every building in this city can be a luxury tower, but we've got to find better materials to clad our less expensive ones. We need affordable buildings, but we don't want and should not have to put up with eyesores.

somehow I don't find it to be an "affordable" building. The price is not cheap by any stretch.

a look at MLS has units selling in the $620-$720 range. There is only a single one bedroom unit listed and its $618.. most of the 2brms are in the $680 range. So yea, not super cheap, especially for the area. I would have expected a range from $580-$660 sort of thing.

a look at MLS has units selling in the $620-$720 range. There is only a single one bedroom unit listed and its $618.. most of the 2brms are in the $680 range. So yea, not super cheap, especially for the area. I would have expected a range from $580-$660 sort of thing.

These units are only going for $600.00?! What the hell am I still doing in East York!?

totally kidding :p

The units here were originally sold for less than what the average downtown condos were going for, targeted by Great Gulf as a building for investors looking to rent to Ryerson students, and it sold quickly. If the price has gone way up since… that must be testament to the superb exterior finishes, especially at the crown?

These units are only going for $600.00?! What the hell am I still doing in East York!?

totally kidding :p

I think Dundas and Jarvis is still far better than East York. In 10 years, condos here are probably gonna worth twice as East York.

Yes, it's only cheap LOOKING.

That's true but buyers don't seem to care, and that's what matters, not architecture critics who are not even the target customers.

In reality most buildings in Tonronto look cheap. I thought we are used to it.

Back