Mississauga Keystone Condos | ?m | 23s | Kaneff | Turner Fleischer

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
a284eed9-268f-45e8-8dfd-fcbd55052da1_zpsa9iaeivx.jpg

It's been years since the last Kaneff building was built, right? (Any Mississaugans know?) It will be interesting to see if Kaneff has upped their game architecturally, or if the next one will be as conservative as the bulk of their portfolio. (Are they well built? Anyone?)

Yes, it's been a while since Kaneff last built a highrise.... I believe the last one was 200 Burnhamthorpe Rd. E aka Compass Creek Condo, which is right above the 'L' in Look Here in Jason's photo... that was in completed in 2002 if memory serves..

Kaneff product is generally well built - they did a subdivision of detached homes at Kennedy Road and Eglinton around the same time, which are just excellent, and their earlier highrises on Kaneff Cres. have held up pretty well... the highrise at 200 Burnhamthorpe E is actually quite nice, with great views to the south, although it is only 17 stories... but it's completely bland from an architectural point of view...

edit: there are six white coloured buildings in the centre of Jason's photo - those were all built by Kaneff during the mid to late 1980's, and they are some of Mississauga's earliest condos ..... the street that winds between them is Kaneff Cres.

Last edited:
My cousin lived in the building next to this lot, and it was indeed well built despite the lack of attention to architecture. I can't see them improving architecture though. This lot isn't that prominent so there's likely no desire to do anything special.

…so these are being built to the east of Square One on a vacant field. Not sure why that should be a concern.

There has been 3 attempts to build on the lands on the south side of Burnhamthrope at Robert Speck in the past 15 years by Kaneff that I know of. The city from what I have heard opposed development close to the creek.

I have no idea what taking place at the corner of Kariya & Burnhamthrope. It has been graded and stake. Other than cleaning the land up with some landscaping, I have yet to see any proposal in detail other than something is to be built there.

Until the city builds the extension for Webb Dr that will connect to Kariya, development will not happen until after 2020 for this area other than the 25s on the south of Webb, next to the school.

One hopes high density and tall towers goes into the Rogers lands, not the low density that was originally plan for it.

I have no idea what taking place at the corner of Kariya & Burnhamthrope. It has been graded and stake. Other than cleaning the land up with some landscaping, I have yet to see any proposal in detail other than something is to be built there.

A while back, one of the workers said that they were preparing the land for a sales office to be built in the spring.

…so these are being built to the east of Square One on a vacant field. Not sure why that should be a concern.

Because this is just an isolated piece of land that will only result in a tower-in-the-park being built here. Think before assuming I'm being silly.

A while back, one of the workers said that they were preparing the land for a sales office to be built in the spring.
That what I thought and fail to say so.

Could be for the one on the south side that more advance than the others. Then it could be for Baif on the north side.

We have far too many Towers-in-The Parks now and a few more coming to Elm Dr.

Because this is just an isolated piece of land that will only result in a tower-in-the-park being built here. Think before assuming I'm being silly.
Currently there is one tower immediately to the west of this empty site. Kaneff is proposing to add two more beside it. I'm still asking what the problem with that is. Maybe you're saying that by building two more buildings here, that this will strand even more people in this spot surrounded by forested valleys and with no services (like retail) just next door, but these won't be that far a walk from Central Parkway Mall, and they'll be by eastbound and westbound bus stops on Burnhamthorpe, so I don't see any significant downside. What's the concern?

I was just saying that the sites farther west would make for more interesting urban projects before the links to projects on those sites were posted.

Back