News   Apr 25, 2024
 363     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

York Region Transit: Viva service thread

But where does one get the transfer to get on TTC when riding VIVA? Is there a button on the VIVA machine at the stop I've missed?

Though presumably this ends in a few months when TTC bus rollout is complete.

When riding VIVA with a paper ticket, there is a validation machine at each VIVA station that snips off the corner of the ticket and stamps a date/time; it functions as both proof-of-payment on VIVA and a transfer for YRT or TTC. I don't think there is any other way to transfer between VIVA and TTC routes in York Region besides using a paper ticket or a physical pass.

lets hope that they wont forget about YRT when they activate the presto readers on the TTC buses. So far viva riders who paid using presto at the vivastations are getting screwed when they transfer onto a TTC north route.

lets hope that they wont forget about YRT when they activate the presto readers on the TTC buses. So far viva riders who paid using presto at the vivastations are getting screwed when they transfer onto a TTC north route.
Presumably they know to use paper tickets and not VIVA then.

Some interesting changes this June:

-YRT has introduced a "Pulse" network in Newmarket where routes converge at Newmarket Term at the same time...why havnt they done this in the beginning?

-Durham Region Transit now connects with Viva Yellow. No idea if there are free transfers.

-20 Jane now has 14-16 minute service during most of the day Monday to Sunday. Most frequent route in the system? 16 minute service on Sundays in York Region is unheard of for YRT.

Some interesting changes this June:

-YRT has introduced a "Pulse" network in Newmarket where routes converge at Newmarket Term at the same time...why havnt they done this in the beginning?

They had been doing this for years and years - it dated back to the Newmarket Transit days - but several years ago (3? 4?) the routes in the Newmarket area started to vary in headway due to traffic and other factors, and so they couldn't schedule the "pulse" anymore.

I believe that they are now going to a non-clockface schedule to allow them to schedule the "pulse" again.

-20 Jane now has 14-16 minute service during most of the day Monday to Sunday. Most frequent route in the system? 16 minute service on Sundays in York Region is unheard of for YRT.

It blows my mind that it has taken them this long to do this. When I was working in Vaughan 3 years ago the 20 was regularly leaving people behind at Highway 7 in the morning rush.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The DRT bus is some local bus that runs from Uxbridge. No co-fares, I believe. I expect it'll have a trickle of 2-3 people on each trip.

The DRT bus is some local bus that runs from Uxbridge. No co-fares, I believe. I expect it'll have a trickle of 2-3 people on each trip.

Nevermind I found the transfer policy, YRT accepts transfers from basically everyone except TTC and Go Transit.

TRANSFERS
Transfers will be accepted on YRT/Viva from the following transfer authorities as long as they have not expired.

• Durham Region Transit
  • Brampton Transit
  • Mississauga Transit
  • Oakville Transit
  • Burlington Transit
  • Hamilton Transit
  • TTC Contracted Routes in York Region punched zone 3

will you need to pay additional YRT fare (heading north)if you transfer from Steeles routes (53, 60) at Yonge Steeles now?

Nevermind I found the transfer policy, YRT accepts transfers from basically everyone except TTC and Go Transit.

TRANSFERS
Transfers will be accepted on YRT/Viva from the following transfer authorities as long as they have not expired.

• Durham Region Transit
  • Brampton Transit
  • Mississauga Transit
  • Oakville Transit
  • Burlington Transit
  • Hamilton Transit
  • TTC Contracted Routes in York Region punched zone 3

I sincerely doubt making a transfer in time between the highlighted systems and YRT is doable, except possibly with OT.

And it's HSR, not Hamilton Transit.

The Cornell Terminal will open at the end of 2017: http://www.vivanext.com/transit-facility-cornell-2/

Using wood for the terminal is an interesting choice:
view%20from%20above.jpg
entrance%20plaza.jpg
east%20entrance.jpg
bus%20bays%20on%20west%20side.jpg
entrance%20plaza%20&%20Rustle%20Woods%20Rd.jpg
south%20entrance.jpg

*insert "its happening!" gif*

Looks quite interesting and does keep in touch with the surrounding theme. Doesnt the Cornell CC also have a wood ceiling?
Though I think it would be more efficient if the 4 box shelters were combined into 1 large enclosure. Any thoughts?

Mississauga cheaped out on their City Centre Transit Terminal and looks what's been happening there. Operating at over 200% of capacity for many years, and now completely closed for months for repairs. There seems to be high costs for spending too little on bus terminals.

Back