News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Woodbine Centre

I wonder what will happen with all of it once he goes insolvent? Probably all to a dump.
All of the tractor trailers are already parked at a dump. The next stop would be a landfill.

Not the most eco-friendliest solution. So, we might all have to buy a Coronation DVD game, or set of broken dishes to help save the environment.

Pics from Jan 8, 2024. Some cancelled plans for food court expansion. Still surprised the bay, footlocker ,and freedom mobile are open.
20240108_184140.jpg
20240108_184058.jpg
20240108_184032.jpg
20240108_182832.jpg
20240108_183216.jpg
20240108_183332.jpg

Attachments

• 20240108_183912.jpg
    20240108_183912.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240108_183458.jpg
    20240108_183458.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240108_183139.jpg
    20240108_183139.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240108_183105.jpg
    20240108_183105.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240108_182936.jpg
    20240108_182936.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 15
I still question how Hudson's Bay stays in business at the Woodbine. Despite there being other Bay locations in Brampton and Mississauga,
do people intentionally go out of their way to shop at the Woodbine's location? Does the Fantasy Fair have that much leverage over us?

I say this defiantly while I myself plan to visit this very location later on today. It's a vicious cycle.

On a related note, I'm starting to feel like the old man in the room here. Back in my day, I remember when BOSS Sound used to sit on the lower
level. Those were the days when a fella could walk a few paces south and end up in Music World, a place that used to sell what we old timers
referred to as 'music CD's'.

Spotify? Nope.
Youtube Premium? No dice.
Shazzam? Unless you're talking about the movie starring Shaquille O'Neal.

If it wasn't on Napster, or the Pirate Bay, our only means of previewing new music was to march down to our local music stores
and check out the newest albums in-store privately with a pair of headphones.

Gosh ...that was over 20 years ago!

328235049_1118744042100337_5782374798306943389_n.jpg

I still question how Hudson's Bay stays in business at the Woodbine. Despite there being other Bay locations in Brampton and Mississauga,
do people intentionally go out of their way to shop at the Woodbine's location? Does the Fantasy Fair have that much leverage over us?

I say this defiantly while I myself plan to visit this very location later on today. It's a vicious cycle.

On a related note, I'm starting to feel like the old man in the room here. Back in my day, I remember when BOSS Sound used to sit on the lower
level. Those were the days when a fella could walk a few paces south and end up in Music World, a place that used to sell what we old timers
referred to as 'music CD's'.

Spotify? Nope.
Youtube Premium? No dice.
Shazzam? Unless you're talking about the movie starring Shaquille O'Neal.

If it wasn't on Napster, or the Pirate Bay, our only means of previewing new music was to march down to our local music stores
and check out the newest albums in-store privately with a pair of headphones.

Gosh ...that was over 20 years ago!

View attachment 532771
The Bay store makes no sense. They’ve even reduced the size of the store. Why not close it? Do they have a 100 year lease or have partial ownership over their building?

On another note, I really want to purchase a Woodbine Mall bench. You think they’ll sell one to me?
If you wear a hard hat during demolition, you could probably walk out with as many Woodbine benches as you wanted.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna bring these to the dump for scrap metal, brb"

what is this about?????
More fantastical daydreams from Woodbine's 200 trillion dollar renovation plans.

I was at the Woodbine two days ago (you can stop applauding now), and I couldn't believe how gutted the food court was.
New York Fries: gone. Taco Bell: Adios. The Sushi spot around the corner: ancient history.

The food court bathroom was as gross as ever. Probably the same stalls from 1986, complete with locks that don't work
(you know, just in case you wanted a little privacy or something).

The Bay store makes no sense. They’ve even reduced the size of the store. Why not close it? Do they have a 100 year lease or have partial ownership over their building?
Actually, as I mentioned before, why not make it a Bay clearance centre similar to what they did over @ Eglinton Square?
The clearance centre crowds show up in droves when the Clearance centre across the street decides to open.
It just might be the way to go...but then also, for what's left of the mall, why not be an outlet mall similar to the late great Warden Power centre. (for as long as this mall can hang on...)

More fantastical daydreams from Woodbine's 200 trillion dollar renovation plans.

I was at the Woodbine two days ago (you can stop applauding now), and I couldn't believe how gutted the food court was.
New York Fries: gone. Taco Bell: Adios. The Sushi spot around the corner: ancient history.

The food court bathroom was as gross as ever. Probably the same stalls from 1986, complete with locks that don't work
(you know, just in case you wanted a little privacy or something).
thats sad...the food court is falling apart...

New update in the court orders. Apparently the courts asked Chris Hinn to remove the trailers in the parking lot. in September there were 16 trailers parked in the parking lot, now there are over 100!!!! They’ve been asking him to remove them for months but more and more keep arriving!!!! He’s shuffling around all that garbage from all of his stores. I don’t know why he’s wasting his time. It’s all going to be seized as has not removed it.

I don’t understand why he doesn’t just walk away from it all. He’s a failed businessman. He needs to accept that!

New update in the court orders. Apparently the courts asked Chris Hinn to remove the trailers in the parking lot. in September there were 16 trailers parked in the parking lot, now there are over 100!!!! They’ve been asking him to remove them for months but more and more keep arriving!!!! He’s shuffling around all that garbage from all of his stores. I don’t know why he’s wasting his time. It’s all going to be seized as has not removed it.

I don’t understand why he doesn’t just walk away from it all. He’s a failed businessman. He needs to accept that!
yo, he's even worse than the other mall owners...

I went to the mall one day during the recent holiday season. It surprisingly was packed in the main areas (Food Court, Tim Hortons/Baskin Robbins, and especially Fantasy Fair), that was something I have never seen in years. Most of the chairs and tables were filled up throughout the mall but it still screamed excessive as some tables were left unused.

This seems like they can still get an audience for the mall even if most of it directs to Fantasy Fair. Probably the reason why amenities such as The Bay, Foot Locker, and Freedom Mobile are still going strong to this day.

In other news, the trailers outside in the parking lot look insanely ridiculous!! Who even approved this in the first place and why even go along with it…

Back