News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 344     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 907     1 

Why the Hate for Mississauga?

And it is not like MCC will prevent places like Port Credit, Streetsville, Cooksville, Downtown Brampton from becoming more urban. These places are seeing development also. So there has been any lost opportunities because of MCC, so I don't see how anyone could be against it. It is not like the City is planning for Cooksville to be any less urban than MCC.

Lehigh Acress is a complete disaster.

Pre-platted cities/suburbs/swamps exist all over the sun belt, from California to a large percentage of Florida to New Mexico to Arkansas. That's what they were selling in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Mississauga is probably more similar to Toronto than to Vaughan. Most of Toronto itself is suburban, after all. Most people here conveniently forget that.

It is like this book I read once where the mulattos were acting all racist toward the pure black people. Toronto's hate for Mississauga is very similar to that.

lol

Are you comparing Toronto to a discriminatory Mulatto?

Much of Toronto consists of what were older suburbs, but they're quite different from the new subdivisions that have popped up in the suburbs.

It is true that Mississauga is similar to Thornhill, but not really to the rest of Vaughan. Etobicoke, North York, and (especially) Scarborough are all almost indistinguishable from Mississauga, which has huge swaths of older suburbs. The sprawl currently being built in Scarborough is actually worse than what's currently being built in Mississauga.

It is true that Mississauga is similar to Thornhill, but not really to the rest of Vaughan. Etobicoke, North York, and (especially) Scarborough are all almost indistinguishable from Mississauga, which has huge swaths of older suburbs. The sprawl currently being built in Scarborough is actually worse than what's currently being built in Mississauga.

Is the sprawl happening around Toronto Zoo, near Pickering?
I may be mistaking, but I thought Scarborough was all built up.

Last edited:
The hate or love which side you were grew tonight when council refused 2 development in the name of traffic and NIMBY.

Both developments supported transit big time, but the car folks wanted their way.

I expect both application will go to the OMB where the city will loose.

City council said every one should have the full view and sunlight from their single floor house.

Try tell that to the folks who thought they had a good view of the city of Toronto on the 20th and then one day a build grew up in front of them blocking the view.

HAY!! HAY!! HO!! HO!! Time Council Got To GO..................OH!! Running for reelection has already started and it not even 2010.

Who running for office as they have my vote than the clowns we have.

800px-View_from_the_top.jpg

From a visual standpoint it seems Vaughan contains much worse sprawl and continues to have housing developments overtake empty fields.

Neighbourhoods like Maple and Woodbridge contain virtually no high-rises from what I've seen. Highway 7 is nothing but parking lots and gas stations.

Areas in Mississauga down Hurontario contain much more density and near Dundas and Mavis near the look-out point you can visibly see the density that parts of Mississauga contain. And even west of Hurontario contains a high amount of density.

So why do people call it a suburban wasteland?

Areas in Mississauga down Hurontario contain much more density and near Dundas and Mavis near the look-out point you can visibly see the density that parts of Mississauga contain. And even west of Hurontario contains a high amount of density.

So why do people call it a suburban wasteland?

It takes more than the raw existence of high-rise "density" to make something into an un-suburban un-wasteland.

After all, what's bleaker--this
old-dubai-4.png

or this
dubai.jpg

I used to work in Vaughan. Talk about an SUV war zone. I don't know what's become of the Italians, who also happen to be the owners of all the construction companies (correlation?).

Apparently the Italian Canadian dream involves no Vespas, modest apartments, public space, or narrow streets like in the motherland, but instead the exact opposite.

In Vaughan, it's a race to who can have the most luxurious house and the biggest car.

Mississauga is a sprawling culturally devoid hellhole.

Thanks for your post completely devoid of value.

In response to the question about why people don't bash Vaughan, I don't know. I agree though. Mississauga has way more high-rises and density, yet Vaughan is incomprehensibly getting a subway extension. Just proves it's all about politics. Vaughan was lucky that it was so close to York University which was pushing very hard for the subway extension. You can't fault Vaughan for wanting a subway.

Toronto has this very strange notion that subways are suburban, and streetcars are downtown. Doesn't make much sense to me, but whatevs.

To be fair, a lot of Mississauga is still suburban wasteland completely devoid of high-rises.

In response to the question about why people don't bash Vaughan, I don't know. I agree though. Mississauga has way more high-rises and density, yet Vaughan is incomprehensibly getting a subway extension. Just proves it's all about politics. Vaughan was lucky that it was so close to York University which was pushing very hard for the subway extension. You can't fault Vaughan for wanting a subway.

That... or maybe the Ontario Minister of Finance just doesn't happen to own a vast amount of land conveniently found near a certain corridor into Mississauga...

Back