News   May 06, 2024
 322     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 475     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Who would buy a 500~550 sqft condo?

hi cdr, thanks for the mockup. the image is kinda small so i'm not sure what you've written on it. is that a table with bench seating in the kitchen? that's not a bad idea. pull out the table with a bench as additional seating and back against the wall when it's just me.

hi scangrade,

sorry, i'm not sure why the image turned out so small ... it was HUGE when i did it ... lol

i'll attach it again to see if it works.

yes, it's a table (5 ft x 2.5 ft) with bench or banquet seating.
the table doesn't have to be pushed right up against the wall.
it's about 1'0"-1'6" away from the wall to allow you to slide in/out; and there's still ample clearance (~5ft) for traffic flow.

the den has a floating desk with shelves (open or closed) above.

the LR has entertainment unit and TV on the exterior wall and sofa is pushed back as far as possible (~10 ft);
if you'll be using the space only as a LR, you could fit anything from a sectional to sofa + chairs in the space, just make sure you don't block the path to the balcony/den.

Attachments

• floorplan.jpg
    floorplan.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
hi scangrade,

sorry, i'm not sure why the image turned out so small ... it was HUGE when i did it ... lol

i'll attach it again to see if it works.

yes, it's a table (5 ft x 2.5 ft) with bench or banquet seating.
the table doesn't have to be pushed right up against the wall.
it's about 1'0"-1'6" away from the wall to allow you to slide in/out; and there's still ample clearance (~5ft) for traffic flow.

the den has a floating desk with shelves (open or closed) above.

the LR has entertainment unit and TV on the exterior wall and sofa is pushed back as far as possible (~10 ft);
if you'll be using the space only as a LR, you could fit anything from a sectional to sofa + chairs in the space, just make sure you don't block the path to the balcony/den.

thanks for the explanations. i think this is the best configuration for my suite, i like to keep it simple. :)

you guys on UT are great...when you're not fighting...lol, although it is entertaining sometimes.

thanks for the explanations. i think this is the best configuration for my suite, i like to keep it simple. :)

you guys on UT are great...when you're not fighting...lol, although it is entertaining sometimes.

no problem, you'll get my bill in the mail :D

we're a happy dys-functional family !

Attachments

• SIMPSONS_450x338.jpg
    SIMPSONS_450x338.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Without starting a new thread, I was wondering if you guys could provide some feedbacks/comments on this layout. It's not 500~550 sqft, but its not much bigger.

Thanks!

I don't know what direction the unit is facing or what the view will be like, but that terrace could probably overcome many deficiencies with the unit!

Without starting a new thread, I was wondering if you guys could provide some feedbacks/comments on this layout. It's not 500~550 sqft, but its not much bigger.

Thanks!

The living room is wider than 10', so that's good. The door to the bedroom is in a terrible place and doesn't allow for many options to arrange the bed. I would take out the sliding door, fill that in with drywall and move the door to the bedroom to be in front of the island (the door should open into the bedroom). I also like east facing units better than west, so in my opinion, that's a good thing.

Thanks!

the unit faces east so there's lots of daylight; however, it also faces Broadview so i don't know how will that be with noise, etc.

bedroom is a okay size with lots of storage space (9'8") ...
do you want or need a walk-in closet b/c i see no benefit as it only provides an addt'l 2 ft storage; but if you eliminate it, you get a larger bedroom of 9'8" x 14'0".

the LR/DR measurements are deceptive as it measures up to the kitchen wall ... so it's actually 13'10" x ~13'6".

do you want to eat at a breakfast bar or table?
you'll have to get the counter extended by a foot for a breakfast bar.

Would customizing (such as relocating the door or extending the bedroom) be better done with the builder? Or private contractors later on.

do you want to eat at a breakfast bar or table?
you'll have to get the counter extended by a foot for a breakfast bar.

Making it a breakfast bar is an interesting idea, but with the bar stools, would it cut into the limited living/dinning space? Ideally, I'd like to fit a sectional sofa in there with a small 4 seater dinning set.

Would customizing (such as relocating the door or extending the bedroom) be better done with the builder? Or private contractors later on.

check with the builder and see how much they are charging ...
sometimes they'll do it for minimal, others charge and arm + leg.

Making it a breakfast bar is an interesting idea, but with the bar stools, would it cut into the limited living/dinning space? Ideally, I'd like to fit a sectional sofa in there with a small 4 seater dinning set.

to add something like a breakfast bar is better to do with builder since the countertop material will be consistent.

i recommend to choose one or other (breakfast bar or dining set) since there really is no point to have both in such a small space.

sorry, i can't do a mock up for you since the floorplan is a pdf format.

If you guys don't mind, I too would like an informed opinion on thisfloorplan 1br+den
thanks in advance

I like decent sized den with the french doors (I guess optional?). I didn't really like the lack of windows, limiting natural sunlight in the living space.

With the C shaped kitchen, it really depends how the cupboards are setup, my current place has 2 really hard to use spaces (in the 2 corners). They are difficult to use because the cupboard opening is small, and the space deep, making it hard to see/reach inside.

If you guys don't mind, I too would like an informed opinion on thisfloorplan 1br+den
thanks in advance

it's facing east/south so good sunlight during daytime and it's away from Markham Road's traffic/noise.

U-shaped kitchen has good circulation, countertop space and storage since it looks like they are also providing cupboards above the peninsula.
if they give you an option to have glass fronted doors over the peninsula, it may be a better choice since it will allow sunlight and visibility; get blind-corner drawers for the base corner cabinets otherwise it will be dead wasted space;

main closet is okay at 3ft wide;

den is okay size and could be used as office/over-night guest room and have extra storage along the bathroom wall making the area 9'0" x 7'5";

LR/DR is good size but the furniture used in the schematic is not to scale;
personally, i would not choose the fireplace option as it eats up space and you already have limited options for furniture placement on that 5ft span of wall;

bedroom is good size but dimensions are really 10'0" x 12'1" since the closet space should not be included.

Last edited:
Another feed back please

What do you guys think of the attached floor plan layout (South facing)? Also, do you think I might have a view of downtown (we’re in the Star tower)? We were told we would by the sales person but I don’t see how it is possible…

Your feed back is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• beachcomber_1_den_686sf.jpg
    beachcomber_1_den_686sf.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 345
What do you guys think of the attached floor plan layout (South facing)? Also, do you think I might have a view of downtown (we’re in the Star tower)? We were told we would by the sales person but I don’t see how it is possible…

Your feed back is greatly appreciated, thanks!

i don't know what building this is from so no comment on exposure.

this unit does have a definitive foyer, which is good or bad, depending on who you're asking, and good main closet space (5 ft) ...

the layout is square and good use of space.

the den could be used as office or extra storage;

kitchen has good counterspace and cupboard storage with the full-height pantry. get a blind-end lazy susan for the corner base cabinet;

LR/DR is long and wide enough to accomodate a variety of configurations;

bedroom is large enough to fit queen/king bed and dress, it also has plenty of closet space (6 ft);

nice wide balcony.

Last edited:
Thanks cdr for your feed back!

The building is Beyond the Sea - Star Tower. what do you think of the exposure? We will be facing S-SE but I can't figure out if we will have a view of the downtown...:eek:

Back