Who will be the next US president?

• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
No way McCain can win without the Bradley effect.

The reverse-Bradley effect will would work against McCain anyway. There are people who would never admit to their friends and family of voting for Obama, but in the privacy of the voting booth will gladly cast the ballot for him.

In addition, there's also the bandwagon-effect where certain undecideds – mostly people who don't understand the issues and candidates - will vote for who they perceive to be the winner, just so they can sit in the winning side when the results come in.

I suspect a landslide.

Obama 370
McCain 168

I'm on the fence with a couple of states that will bring Obama to near 380

Last edited:
I hope there's only a few hours before this show is over. If this thing drags out and is close its going to be painful.

I live in McCain's hometown of Phoenix and, even here, Obama signs are far more prominent than McCain signs. Admittedly, I live in a left-leaning (for Arizona) university district, but this is the heart of McCain country. Every black person I passed today had an "I voted" sticker, and many were waiting diligently for the bus to take them to the polls. There's speculation that Arizona might even turn blue tonight.

Last edited:
there WILL be riots

Hardly....

The only reason that he would loose are exactly as Whoaccio pointed out, all those that love to proclaim his praises decided they have better things to do on Tuesday....a realistic possibility for many of the voting groups that Obama plans to rely on. For the sake of the world, I hope they show up, but given voter apathy in North America, I am not holding my breath either....

As for riots....let's not get overly dramatic.

What I am saying, if its nuance can penetrate your intellect, is that if there is a repeat of what happened with Al Gore vs. GWB eight years ago, in that the election winner wasn't declared immediately, THERE WILL BE RIOTS. And I don't mean by disenfranchised populations either, I mean by everyone. There is a clear frontrunner in this election and if the republicans attempt another election coup the American people won't sit down and take it quietly like they did last time.

What I am saying, if its nuance can penetrate your intellect, is that if there is a repeat of what happened with Al Gore vs. GWB eight years ago, in that the election winner wasn't declared immediately, THERE WILL BE RIOTS. And I don't mean by disenfranchised populations either, I mean by everyone. There is a clear frontrunner in this election and if the republicans attempt another election coup the American people won't sit down and take it quietly like they did last time.

something tells me they will.

Can't wait to stop hearing about this.

I'm also going to miss all the fun Jon Stewart has had with Bush. I think it will take him some time before he is really willing to have a go Obama, and until then, he probably will be less amusing.

I think Obama's main task tomorrow will be managing expectations. He has to get rid of the idea that his touch will turn the economy into gold and everything will become better. Realistically, I think it would be impressive if the economy was back on track by the next election.

Back