News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 317     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 870     0 

TTC surface stop spacing

On Spadina get rid of the Richmond, Sullivan, and Sussex Stops

We could get rid of the Wilcocks street stop too, I would use it regularly but feel embarrassed pressing the button given how close the stop was to Harbord.

Last edited:
On a side note, I'd love it if the St. Clair and Spadina streetcar routes went through a stop elimination review. I'm convinced that the small stop distance on both routes contributes to the overly slow travel times and bunching.

On Spadina get rid of the Richmond, Sullivan, and Sussex Stops

And on St. Clair you could essentially just blindly get rid of every other stop and still have spacing below 250m.

Get rid of Nassau on Spadina too.

The problem with the Spadina and St.Clair lines is that they are actually mini-platforms for each stop, so removing them would a) be expensive and b) people would lambaste the TTC for rebuilding St.Clair just 15 years ago and now removing the stops.

The problem with the Spadina and St.Clair lines is that they are actually mini-platforms for each stop, so removing them would a) be expensive and b) people would lambaste the TTC for rebuilding St.Clair just 15 years ago and now removing the stops.

So I just examined the stops in question on Spadina, well not the ones most of us agree should be removed, but the ones nearby that already need widening and would become desperately over crowded.

Adelaide, Queen, Dundas, College and Harbord.

Of these, at first glance there is road capacity that can be re-allocated to the stops at Queen and College.

Adelaide, Dundas and Harbord look very tight as there is no removable parking, or third lane, except for a left hand turn lane in a couple of cases.

The problem w/the stops that do have extra room is that the extra space is mis-aligned, meaning its on the opposite side of the tracks as where its needed, and would require either shifting
from far-side to near-side stops, or shifting the tracks over by 1m or more.

I'm not sure how busy Sussex gets, so maybe Harbord can do w/o larger platforms, but chop the others and you need to some platform width expansion, I think.

For St Clair...it's a band-aid that needs to be ripped off though. The added benefit to drivers is that many of these stops created unnecessary stop lights which can be eliminated at the same time.

For the commercial users you can give them back 1 or 2 parking spaces which for some reason they love.

For St Clair...it's a band-aid that needs to be ripped off though. The added benefit to drivers is that many of these stops created unnecessary stop lights which can be eliminated at the same time.

For the commercial users you can give them back 1 or 2 parking spaces which for some reason they love.

At 1.3 people per vehicle per parking space, that would total 2.6 (okay 3) people for 30 minutes. Oh the windfall!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: DSC
Does anyone know what the TTC is doing with the stops for the 501 in Parkdale? It looks like the Sorauren Avenue stop has been removed, and when I checked the TTC website, Triller, Wilson Park, and Sorauren were all absent from the "all stops" route planner.
Roncesvalles to Jameson is 750 meters (according to Google), which seems like a long stretch without a stop in between. Plus there's a traffic light at Sorauren.

Back