News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 351     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 911     1 

TTC: Sheppard Subway Expansion (Speculative)

I didn't realize they cut this thing off before even reaching Etobicoke. This is kinda a fail as well. If we're not even building the whole thing, why are we still bothering with LRT?

If I'm not mistaken, the reason why it terminates at Jane was because that was the original plan under what was funded for Transit City, with hopes of an extension to the airport.

If I'm not mistaken, the reason why it terminates at Jane was because that was the original plan under what was funded for Transit City, with hopes of an extension to the airport.

I think someone said its now terminating at Black Creek.

Although I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow. From @TOMayorFord's twitter:

Premier McGuinty and I will make an announcement regarding subways at the Wilson Subway Complex tomorrow morning at 9 a.m #Toronto #TTC #FB
3 hours ago via web Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

One of the articles said the underground section ended at Black Creek. There's no reason to think the project has been shortened from Jane - the media have already mentioned Jane today.

Either way I think they could move Weston Go station to Eglinton and have it connect with the Eglinton line between Jane and Black Creek. With the western terminus of the Eglinton RT connecting with the ARL, that could serve as an airport connection cheaper and in a shorter time frame (albeit with 1 more transfer) than extending the Eglinton line past Renforth.

Based on Stintz's comments, she's fully aware that Sheppard won't happen.

She was quoted in the media as saying "“The construction on Sheppard will be dependent on the business case that we develop and the partnerships that we are able to establish" ... in other words, it's not happening - at least not the 4-billion project that has been promised.. I expect that 5-10 years from now when everyone realised that the Sheppard subway line won't happen, the LRT will finally be constructed.

Well, you iknow what I mean. At least someone here is trying to call it a stubway, which seems totally ludicrous of course.

P.S. I personally would rather see it connected up to the airport before Sheppard got funding, though.

Well, you iknow what I mean. At least someone here is trying to call it a stubway, which seems totally ludicrous of course.

P.S. I personally would rather see it connected up to the airport before Sheppard got funding, though.

Who called Eglinton it a stubway? I'm too lazy to look.

Definitely needs to go to the airport. If they're using LRVs, I'd really prefer if they just kept the east and west legs above ground but just grade-separated them properly so we could go from the Airport to Kennedy, and then rebuild the SRT as a subway.

Map:

Toronto-Transit-Plan-map-en1.jpg

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...plan-wins-provincial-approval/article1963854/

Toronto Transit Commission chair Karen Stintz said city officials are in the process of applying for federal support from a $1.2-billion infrastructure fund set aside for public-private partnerships. The submission deadline is June.

“We have to develop a business case demonstrating that we have revenue streams to pay back the private investment,” she said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...plan-wins-provincial-approval/article1963854/

Toronto Transit Commission chair Karen Stintz said city officials are in the process of applying for federal support from a $1.2-billion infrastructure fund set aside for public-private partnerships. The submission deadline is June.

“We have to develop a business case demonstrating that we have revenue streams to pay back the private investment,” she said.

Better to get transit funding oaths now from all the federal parties for all cities in Canada.

Back