News   Apr 26, 2024
 317     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 297     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 485     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

It's showing in-service now. It's got a unique run number. It seems to be in sequence with the other runs.

I'm not sure why it isn't clearly in service. Nor am I sure why it wasn't clearly in service yesterday evening, given what time it appeared.

And 4433 is.... Where?
Does it matter? The schedule only calls for one delivery in March, and one in April. They'll have no trouble doing that. It's in May when it ramps up to 2-3 a month - and particularly in October where it ramps up to 7-8 a month, that it gets interesting.

What would be the bombardier delivery average these days? 2 per month?
Historical or scheduled?

Historical
September - 1
October - 2
November - 2
December - 3
January - 0
February - 2

Schedule
upload_2017-3-4_1-15-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-4_1-15-15.png
    upload_2017-3-4_1-15-15.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 396
Let's see if 3 actually enters service in May. I'm betting like 4431 being delivered in January, the first one (4435) will arrive in late April and enter service in early May. 4436 would arrive in mid May and 4437 would arrive in late May.

4433 and 4434 shouldn't miss the deadline.

Not sure when the last update on this was in thread.

Just looked at Next Bus, 29 of new vehicles are in service Sunday afternoon.

Including 100% of the 514 run, along w/510, and 509; also 3 out on 504

Not sure when the last update on this was in thread.

Just looked at Next Bus, 29 of new vehicles are in service Sunday afternoon.

Including 100% of the 514 run, along w/510, and 509; also 3 out on 504
Progress.

Somewhere (maybe on Steve Munro's blog) I read that the reason that the 506 loops in High Park in the middle of nowhere is that to end the run at Dundas West, there would have to be a third loop which there is not - I forget if the reason is space or cash.

I live in the east end and I know well the situation that has 504 and 505 cars stock-piled at the Danforth light waiting to cross the intersection because the loops there are "full". Today's news that the Flexities are out on 504 in numbers brings us closer to the day when these loops effective capacity will be smaller because the cars are larger. This is going to be interesting if someone has to go to the loo and we can't just switch out a driver and keep things moving along.

Also - the 514 is a bit of a stroke of genius really. It takes a new eastern loop - Cherry - and a disused section of tangent track and loop - Dufferin and diverts however many cars are on 514 away from the congested loops at Broadview and Dundas West. If I were scheduling 504, I'd be moving more cars to that route to take the pressure off the loops.

Progress.

Somewhere (maybe on Steve Munro's blog) I read that the reason that the 506 loops in High Park in the middle of nowhere is that to end the run at Dundas West, there would have to be a third loop which there is not - I forget if the reason is space or cash.

I live in the east end and I know well the situation that has 504 and 505 cars stock-piled at the Danforth light waiting to cross the intersection because the loops there are "full". Today's news that the Flexities are out on 504 in numbers brings us closer to the day when these loops effective capacity will be smaller because the cars are larger. This is going to be interesting if someone has to go to the loo and we can't just switch out a driver and keep things moving along.

Also - the 514 is a bit of a stroke of genius really. It takes a new eastern loop - Cherry - and a disused section of tangent track and loop - Dufferin and diverts however many cars are on 514 away from the congested loops at Broadview and Dundas West. If I were scheduling 504, I'd be moving more cars to that route to take the pressure off the loops.

We citizens were told by planning a subway was needed on Queen for weekend activity purposes and interestingly here the TTC had a choice for the past month to beef up downtown weekend service and they chose to beef up service on King. Not College, not Dundas, not Queen, not Bathurst, not Spadina, but King. The TTC either knows something planning doesn't or planning knows something and isn't telling the TTC. Or planning was lying.

Reactions: BMO

Back