News   Apr 26, 2024
 856     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 255     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 757     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

just having fun....but has confidence been restored or was it just normal market activity?

By your own logic this is reversion to the mean. And what a terribly low mean it has been for this company.

This is totally consistent deal hunting after that sell-off after the shareholders meeting.

I don't want to derail the thread but if you think irrational selling doesn't play a role in the market, like what happened that day last week, well, I have a bridge to sell you.

By your own logic this is reversion to the mean. And what a terribly low mean it has been for this company.

This is totally consistent deal hunting after that sell-off after the shareholders meeting.

I don't want to derail the thread but if you think irrational selling doesn't play a role in the market, like what happened that day last week, well, I have a bridge to sell you.

Since we're talking about Toronto streetcars, perhaps the appropriate term isn't "derail" so much as that Toronto thing where the streetcar turns a corner, then the trolley pole disengages from the wire and time stands still while the driver gets out and pulls the pole back into place. On the plus side, I suppose the TTC's woefully outdated technology is kind of like a rocket, as they claim, but unfortunately it's like the early ones in the US space program that had the tendency to explode on the launch pad.

I am now totally confused.....on the day you said that that one days selling was clearly a signal the market had lost confidence in management (which sounds like a pretty set of rational group thinking)....now you are saying it was irrational thinking? So pick a horse, ride it and we can talk...I always thought it was profit taking after a pretty fast run up and cashing in on some good news.

4420 left Thunder Bay Friday evening, May 6th, 2016, on CP train 420 with engine CP 8614. Thanks to our Canadian Railway Observations Thunder Bay correspondent for this update. Bryan Martyniuk photo with permission.
ttc4420a.jpg

Attachments

• ttc4420a.jpg
    ttc4420a.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 1,182
irrational selling

I am now totally confused.....on the day you said that that one days selling was clearly a signal the market had lost confidence in management (which sounds like a pretty set of rational group thinking)....now you are saying it was irrational thinking?

Sorry I used the wrong word. I can understand why you were confused. I meant "short-term reaction" (to the announcement that the families won't be giving up their majority control and thus dampening hopes for a real turn-around) is what I think was being the sell-off last Friday.

3 weeks until we see the inside of the Leslie Barns and 4420 on display. Never know, we may see 4421 there as well.

Wait a minute. #4419 only arrived April 25th! #4420 could arrive this week. That's almost two weeks! What's going wrong right?

Don't count your chickens yet.

I believe at some point in the deliveries of the 441X series there was an acceleration to one every two weeks, but it was short-lived and then the schedule reverted to the disgrace we've been seeing since.

Let's see at least a few deliveries on this accelerated pace before we get too excited.

P.S. The delivery dates should be made a sticky in this thread..

Hopefully Bombardier's new CEO is doing the right thing: under promise and over deliver. If they promise one a month this year and deliver 2 or 3, Bombardier might begin to make itself look good despite being chronically behind schedule.

Wait a minute. #4419 only arrived April 25th! #4420 could arrive this week. That's almost two weeks! What's going wrong right?
Nothing. They said they'll deliver 13 more in the remaining year. That's about 3 every 2 months.

I don't know why it's surprising. It would be surprising if we see 4 more by the end of June cause they should only deliver 3 more. Sometimes the gaps are smaller but usually it's followed by a longer period of time.

Back