News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 286     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 812     0 

TTC: Customer Service

I'd estimate it's 5-7 minutes once you exit the station, cross at the lights, and actually get to the platform level. Another minute or two if you're going east.
To platform level maybe. The signage saying 10 minutes to Danforth GO is at street level, about 6 inches from the sidewalk on Main Street.

Looking in Streetview - I've circled the entrance to the subway station in red - just past the bus. About 9 hydro poles from the entrance to Danforth GO. That's not a 10-minute walk, or even a 5-minute walk. The walk from the University and Bloor platforms at Spadina station isn't much shorter than this!

It's only about 230 metres from the door to Main Street station to the entrance off Main to Danforth GO; and then about 70 metres down that ramp to get to the platform and Presto machine.

upload_2016-2-9_12-15-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-9_12-15-5.png
    upload_2016-2-9_12-15-5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 897
Last edited:
Likewise, Dundas West station does not have a direct connection to the Bloor GO/UPX station. Commuters who were unfortunate to exit the train at the east end of the station have to walk along the entire length of the subway platform to exit the station, then climb up a few stairs, escalators, or ride an elevator, then exit the station without being tempted by the McDonald's inside the station (and yes, McDonald's does keep their frozen inventory in the mezzanine), then cross Dundas Street hoping that you don't get crushed, then walk along Bloor Street (north side) eastward, then enter the Bloor GO/UPX station, completely exhausted wishing to have a Big Mac combo to eat.

Likewise, Dundas West station does not have a direct connection to the Bloor GO/UPX station. Commuters who were unfortunate to exit the train at the east end of the station have to walk along the entire length of the subway platform to exit the station, then climb up a few stairs, escalators, or ride an elevator, then exit the station without being tempted by the McDonald's inside the station (and yes, McDonald's does keep their frozen inventory in the mezzanine), then cross Dundas Street hoping that you don't get crushed, then walk along Bloor Street (north side) eastward, then enter the Bloor GO/UPX station, completely exhausted wishing to have a Big Mac combo to eat.
And most of them have to do all this while carrying luggage. One of the reasons why the UP Express hasn't been a success.

I wish I could say that's something to be really proud of but I guess it's just a result of not being a social butterfly when I was in high school haha. Seinfeld and the first 10 seasons of The Simpsons are now ingrained in head forever. I just recently found a website that streams these shows (and more) 24/7. I'd be happy to PM you the site if you're at all interested. It`s fun to have shows like Seinfeld just on in the background that you don`t need to see the video for.

Last edited:
nah, I'm all Seinfelded out. Started watching back in grade 6 (in 96). Most of my friends and siblings watched it as well, so references were commonplace. I'm actually glad it's not on regular reruns anymore. Curb Your Enthusiasm is relatively fresh, but until a new season comes out I usually refrain from re-watching.

Done, thanks for posting it. Not that it would change anything, but I have made my displeasure known.

AoD

I emailed TTC senior mgt about this survey, after filling it out.

I didn't like that it didn't have any write-in sections.

The issue being, that its not good enough to know there's crowding, you need to know where and when. Its not good enough to know there's an issue w/cleanliness, you need
to know which floor/wall/ceiling in which station, or which vehicle on which route.

The TTC has been improving by leaps and bounds the last few years; but it has a long way to go.

I emailed TTC senior mgt about this survey, after filling it out.

I didn't like that it didn't have any write-in sections.

The issue being, that its not good enough to know there's crowding, you need to know where and when. Its not good enough to know there's an issue w/cleanliness, you need
to know which floor/wall/ceiling in which station, or which vehicle on which route.

The TTC has been improving by leaps and bounds the last few years; but it has a long way to go.

I was thinking of exactly the same thing - guess they only want the quantitative and not having to deal with the messy qualitative data that illuminates the nuances and allow for conclusions to be triangulated. It's what happen when someone just wanted some figures to slap onto a report.

And of course, using Likert scale comes with the risk of central tendency bias as well, which presumably lead to the same conclusion - not too bad, not too good, could do better kind of non-fact. That said, this irate user would have none of that avoidance of extreme responses tendency.

Honestly, they don't need to survey - they just need to make the senior management ride on it during rush, or ride it when they are rushed for time to learn all there is to learn.

AoD

Last edited:
I did the survey and entered various write-in comments in the box for the last question asking which line I use most frequently.

Honestly, they don't need to survey - they just need to make the senior management ride on it during rush, or ride it when they are rushed for time to learn all there is to learn.

AoD

They need the MP's, MPP's, Councillors and the TTC Commissioners all to use public transit. How can we get improvements if they don't use it. (IE. Denzil Minnan-Wong is a Councillor and on the TTC Board, but loves his car [See link.].)

They need the MP's, MPP's, Councillors and the TTC Commissioners all to use public transit. How can we get improvements if they don't use it. (IE. Denzil Minnan-Wong is a Councillor and on the TTC Board, but loves his car [See link.].)

His car is ranked #1 on the list of things he can't live without, to the surprise of no one.

Because of the TTC track construction around King and Charlotte, streetcar service were detoured around the area. Back to normal... for now.

Charlotte_St_Streetc.jpg

However, that's not how the TTC used to do it. Used to be that service continued on. Either with side tracks or having the streetcars do a go slow or stop & go.

oxford-seot-25-1936-photo-alfred-pearson-ttc-11595.jpg

PHOTO+-+TORONTO+-+HOWARD+PARK+AVE+-+JUST+WEST+OF+RONCESVALLES+-+STREETCAR+GOING+EAST+-+TRACK+CONVERSION+FROM+BRICK+TO+CONCRETE+UNDERWAY+-+EDITED+FROM+R+HILL+PHOTO+-+1960s.jpg

ttc-4476-queen-soho-19800729.jpg

Last edited:

Back