News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 619     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Transit Fantasy Maps

A Relief Line fantasy map

Colours and lines are based on the new wayfinding standards. Orange 5 for Eglinton, Silver 6 for Sheppard East, Mint Green 7 for Finch. The SRT's Blue 3 will probably be freed up by the time any Relief Line goes into service, so it can be reassigned to the repurposed UPX. DRL gets its customary Red and the next available number.

A Relief Line fantasy map

Colours and lines are based on the new wayfinding standards. Orange 5 for Eglinton, Silver 6 for Sheppard East, Mint Green 7 for Finch. The SRT's Blue 3 will probably be freed up by the time any Relief Line goes into service, so it can be reassigned to the repurposed UPX. DRL gets its customary Red and the next available number.

That is a lot of stations. Particularly on the east side. Im thinking with the cost of stations when we build stations will be farther and farther apart. That being said if you convert the UPX line to a subway it is above ground and the stations should be relatively in expensive, in which case I think it needs as many stations as it can get since its not stopping at major intersections.

Not sure where to post this, and whether this official map was ever posted here, but here we go, from http://t.co/BCyz8gvoIq:
ujln.jpg

I know the official subway/RT map has never been to scale, but good lord, the elongated spacing between Main Street and Kennedy stations would make a non-local think they are arriving in Oshawa :p

Any idea when the "re-branding will be complete?" One would hope they would standardize the signage before the Pan Am Games.

Are the fat lines with hollow point signfying underground, while the thin line with fat dots signifying on grade?

Also, I think LRTs should be labelled as by letters rather than numbers (just so that we don't use "0")

Are the fat lines with hollow point signfying underground, while the thin line with fat dots signifying on grade?

Also, I think LRTs should be labelled as by letters rather than numbers (just so that we don't use "0")

The fatline means the line is grade separated. It is mostly underground but some is elevated like the old Scarborough rapid transit that is now part of the Eglinton LRT.

The hollow dots are stations like the current subway stations. Filled in dots are stops like those on the St. Clair street car.

No they won't.

I agree that High Parkers would NOT demand it... I work in the Bloor West village and the one thing they are doing their best to keep is.... their "village." More subway lines will bring development and that is completely opposite of the bloor west village dream.

As for the UPX I dont agree that it wont be re-examined to become a subway. The UPX was Dalton and Millers dream. A quick western DRL would win Wynne some love and I assume once the Pan Am games are done and the thing has terrible ridership that someone will agree that it should be converted. It seems that the current council also thinks it should be looked at. Its just a no brainer.

Not sure where to post this, and whether this official map was ever posted here, but here we go, from http://t.co/BCyz8gvoIq:
ujln.jpg

Wow what's with the spadina extention? I would shorten the Finch West to Sheppard West segment so that everything north of it doesn't go so much west. Main to Kennedy is a joke, but it would help a little if the station spacing on Eglinton East is shortened (especially between Yonge and Laird), why not make it the same as the BD line? Also, I could be wrong but I thought the circles would only be used for numbering subway lines and that the LRTs would get a different shape.

What our subway network could have looked like TODAY had the pace of construction continued after 1980 as it had been before. From 1963-1980, Toronto averaged 2.7km of subway construction annually. If that pace had continued to 2013, our network could have looked like this. (this is actually very accurate, I had .2km of "buildable" subway left over after finishing measuring out all these extensions)

MzBJvYi.jpg

Back