News   May 17, 2024
 175     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 631     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 880     1 

Toronto's and Province's New 12.4B Eglinton/SRT/Sheppard Plan

What's funny is that the forced transfer at Kennedy is removed in exchange for a forced transfer at Black Creek - Jane portion

But the Jane transfer will not be a permanent one. The line will eventually be extended westward. Same as how there were subway <-> streetcar transfer points at Keele and Woodbine before the B-D subway was extended further in either direction in Phase II.

Still not digging Eglinton and the SRT being thrown together. It may make things a bit better for people in Scarborough, but it's certainly not ideal because it doesn't take people where they want to go. And that is why it fails.

But hey, on the plus side the SELRT is dead.

Still not digging Eglinton and the SRT being thrown together. It may make things a bit better for people in Scarborough, but it's certainly not ideal because it doesn't take people where they want to go. And that is why it fails.

But hey, on the plus side the SELRT is dead.

I really think that whether people transfer at Bloor-Yonge or Eglinton-Yonge, it makes little difference. The vast majority of the people using these stations will be transfers, not exiters. Most of the people using the Yonge line are getting off at stations between Dundas and Union. So whether they get on at Eglinton-Yonge or Bloor-Yonge, it's a toss-up.

The forced transfer at Kennedy is gone, and STC has a one-seat connection to the Yonge line. I call that a win in my books.

And yes, the fact that the SELRT is dead is a good thing in my books as well.

so is this thing above ground from Black Creek to Jane... Or does the thing suddenly stop at Black Creek????? Thats a random stop. PLus it doesnt give a link to the air port Link!

so is this thing above ground from Black Creek to Jane... Or does the thing suddenly stop at Black Creek????? Thats a random stop. PLus it doesnt give a link to the air port Link!

The ARL stops at Bloor, that's enough. Any more stops and it would slow the service down too much. It's a rail link, not a municipal transit line. Besides, Eglinton will eventually have a connection to the Airport anyway, so why would you pay extra for a premium service when you can just stay on the train you're on and end up at the same place?

the reason is simple... Its not for me to get to the airport.. Its for people from the Georgetown line to be able to get to Yonge and Eglinton faster.... With the new "MIdtown Metro" Eglinton could possibly become a much bigger business destination... As a result some 905ers are going to want to connect to Eglinton as many ways as possible VS going down to UNion then taking the subway up.. Withouth this stop you are encouraging 905ers to continue to drive..

Of all the stops on Eglinton, why is Weston Road not being buried? Aren't they going to have to demolish all those houses if they keep it above ground?

Also all the articles talk about Jane to STC. Does this mean no more McCowan station?

Well, with the provincial election looming in October let's hope the Liberals stay in power. You remember what happened to the Eglinton line the last time the Tories got in....

Ugghhh. Please don't remind me. Good news otherwise, even though the Sheppard extension is likely going to die.

I wonder what role Stintz had in this.

Last edited:
confused

Can someone clarify is this service going to run underground until Jane and then run above ground?
Also, isn't there going to be an ARL station in Weston?

Ok let me get this straight... There not going to be using streetcars and they can't use the current SRT fleet due to the company that made the equipment not in existence anymore. So are they goin to get bombardier to make mini subways or???

They should keep it underground at black creek and Eglinton all the way north west to the airport. We need that in Toronto in conjunction with a union to Pearson extention... In a perfect world.

Last edited:
Just an FYI that Mayor Ford tweeted about 3 hours ago that he'd be making a subway announcement tomorrow.

From The Star:

6eba1907444288695e82914c9d72.jpeg

Where's the DRL?

What's going to happen when oil prices skyrocket to over $200 a barrel? (Was $83 at the October city election, it is now over $100 a barrel.)

Just because Rob has a phobia against surface rail, we get this expensive alternative where the Finch West riders and Etobicoke residents end up as losers.

Last edited:
What's going to happen when oil prices skyrocket to over $200 a barrel? (Was $83 at the October city election, it is now over $100 a barrel.)

Hush! People are going to think you're crazy!

Just because Rob has a phobia against surface rail, we get this expensive alternative where the Finch West riders and Etobicoke residents end up as losers.

Mayor Rob Ford says that they have buses that go to the racetrack, so they really should be grateful.

Back