Toronto West Village Etobicoke | ?m | 31s | Tridel | Rafael + Bigauskas

Ooo my bad ... I knew there's a general negative sentiment against Kirkor, but I didn't realise there was a thing about Rafael and Bigauskas ~ ;)

I guess there is now a project name for this site: "Life in Etobicoke"

from today's Daily Commercial News....

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDINGS Proj: 9097303-4

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANNING

2 to 6 Eva Rd, Burnamthorpe Rd, the West Mall, M9C

$95,000,000 est

Note: Owner is seeking City Council site plan approvals. Sales and marketing for Phase One are underway. Preliminary planning is underway. Schedules for Working drawings, tender for Sub trades and construction will be set early 2010 based on sales. Further update early 2010.

Project: proposed construction of two condominium apartment buildings. Building A will be a twenty-seven storey tower, and Building B will be a thirty storey tower. The number of units in each tower is undetermined. The towers will be connected by a podium ranging from two to five storeys. The podium will also connect to the Phase Two towers which are followed under report number 9109209. Mechanical penthouses will sit atop each tower. The project will include two storeys of underground parking and one and a half storey of above grade parking in a parking structure built within the podium building. There are 1,085 parking spaces proposed. The project will also include demolition of three existing office buildings on the site. The project will be certified in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.

Scope: 870,000 square feet; 30 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 904 units; parking for 1085 cars; 5 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

I guess Tridel has rebranded the "Life in Etobicoke" project??

reg_top.gif

Preview Registration:
http://www.tridel.com/west-village/register.php

Probably because the prospect of living in a place as bland as western Etobicoke doesn't exactly inspire lineups at the sales office :p

Tridel West Village Etobicoke Renderings

Composite computer rendering of the four West Village Towers. In the back, the Tridel Essex community can be seen: Essex I, Essex II, Nuvo I and Nuvo II. Parc Nuvo is not rendered.

west-village-and-essex.jpg

Aerial view with computer composite of West Village.

West-Village_Aerial-CAM53-_-Landscaped_1140_1212.jpg

Suite rendering showing features

WestVillage-LivRoom-VR.jpg

Kitchen rendering showing features and appliances.

WestVillage-Kitchen-VR.jpg

Lobby Renderings

WestVillage-VR-Lobby-night-01.jpg

WestVillage-VR-Lobby-night-02.jpg

WestVillage-VR-Lobby-night-05.jpg

Party Room

WestVillage-VR-Party-Room-01.jpg

WestVillage-VR-Party-Room-03.jpg

WestVillage-VR-Party-Room-05.jpg

Fitness Facilities (Available after phase 2 completion)

WestVillage-VR-Fitness.jpg

Swimming pool
WestVillage-VR-Pool-night-01.jpg

Whirl pool
WestVillage-VR-Pool-night-02.jpg

Two thumbs up for the streetwall right along the West Mall, which will hopefully contain retail. Otherwise, the towers are meh. But it just goes to show just how shitty Etobicoke's skyline is when even bland towers like these stand out as the most attractive buildings in the view.

from what I understand ... the West Village development will not have any street frontage on The West Mall, 2 existing apartments are located to the west of the project site which fronts on The West Mall

More Tridel West Village Etobicoke Renderings

elevation-1000w.jpg

Courtyard Entrance
entrance-1200w.jpg

Rooftop Patio and Terrace
rooftop-1200w.jpg

why are we complaining?? there's nothing wrong with a good looking building in Etobicoke ~

Back