IMG_1422.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,740
  • IMG_1429.JPG
    IMG_1429.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,563
There are close to 100 members of the public at a design-the-park meeting right now at St. Joe's girls school just down the street. DTAH have replaced NAK Design Strategies as the park designer.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 991
Two base concepts here. One with a reduced driveway, and one with the driveway as is.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Both have to be studied for the moment as the reduced driveway version depends upon an agreement with the owners of the buildings to the west, and that's not in place yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 914
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 894
The current driveway takes up far too much land, the reduced driveway will allow so much more parkland. Hopefully the owners in the existing condo will allow a change to their current driveway set up.

I would actually be surprised if the residents of 909 are "cool" with losing all that asphalt. I hope they go for it, as I think the first version is a no-brainer when it comes to smarter land use.

I understand it is probably a neighbourhood park, but the design appears a little boring at this stage - slap a few mounds, add in some curvaceous paths, some wood gazebo/shelter et voila kind of deal.

AoD

To be honest I'd like a little less 'programming'. There's only a few small areas of grass and the rest is taken up by paths and plazas. I don't know about everyone else, but I go to parks to get away from paved surfaces. Most new parks are a little overdesigned in my humble opinion.

To be honest I'd like a little less 'programming'. There's only a few small areas of grass and the rest is taken up by paths and plazas. I don't know about everyone else, but I go to parks to get away from paved surfaces. Most new parks are a little overdesigned in my humble opinion.

That they are - though I was hoping something less faux-nature and acknowledges the essentially urban nature of the space - something that is not necessarily programmed with extensive hardscape (quality vs. quantity on that one), but a design that is more "formal" in presentation (e.g. clearly defined, rectilinear pathways, garden/tree allées)

AoD

Last edited:
In the renders they say 'flexible green', what's this mean? Room for change in its tree layout? Maybe add more.

Back