Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

The additional images on the previous page are stunning, and look at all that green space! I retract my comments from my previous post here, I'm really impressed with what is being proposed here and how this project has been handled.

You need a turn around for cars somewhere. This circle area and the area on the south west is actually part of the underground parking of the 900/909 Bay properties. So part of this park will technically be on private property sitting atop underground parking.

I agree, there is so much potential space there. Only issue I can foresee is the YMCA daycare is there. A new location will need to be available for parents to pick up/drop off their children. There is also the issue of what to do with vehicles turning onto Breadalbane from Bay, and how they would turn around.

"Dead end" street signs should suffice re: vehicles pulling off Bay & Yonge St. I've also noted in the past the possibility of removing the middle section of Breadalbane St. between the Opera Place driveway to the south, and the Opera Place/Bay Club driveway to the north over to the laneway (St. Lukes Lane) and connect the parks. My first condo was at Opera Place (606 Bay) and I don't recall much parking/standing on Breadalbane St for pickup/drop-offs but I could be wrong. It was horrible living there, I sold in under a year and bought elsewhere.

Work has begun!

DSC00763 xx.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00763 xx.jpg
    DSC00763 xx.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,003
any mention of how St. Luke's Lane will be addressed?

It will be widened slightly. There was recommendations of making it southbound traffic only. Currently when driving north turning right/left are quite difficult. Parking garage entrance will find itself midblock on St. Luke's Lane. Same with service/loading.

Yes! The market is so hot right now a simple construction trailer is all that is needed to sell half million dollar condos! LOL
Sorry, couldn't resist.

I wonder how long, before the YMCA lands get re-developed?
Hey, they might even be able to squeeze it into one big tower and have a larger park:)

There doing it in London

Plans for 24-storey YMCA Wimbledon skyscraper revealed
Wimbledon’s YMCA has been working on its strategic plan to redevelop its building on the Broadway in Wimbledon since 2010 which includes a commitment to build a brand new YMCA building, 100 hostel units, provide better training facilities, a larger health facility, a public plaza with green space and a cafe.
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/..._for_24_storey_Wimbledon_skyscraper_revealed/

The YMCA at Wimbledon is a tired building that the Y wants to replace (see Google photo below). The YMCA on Grosvenor is a flagship location in excellent condition. It has great design and meets the needs of its clients well. Why are you eager to see it torn down? There are other lots with buildings more suitable for replacement.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.419257,-0.196998,3a,75y,14.77h,134.65t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1ss2jHVtvdYqLuesLAOLJCTA!2e0!6m1!1e1

Yes! The market is so hot right now a simple construction trailer is all that is needed to sell half million dollar condos! LOL
Sorry, couldn't resist.

no, I mean this digging and machines going on the site is for sales centre?

There was an aerial photography blimp over the site this afternoon. Likely to capture views of higher floors for potential buyers. It was up pretty high!

Back