IMG_2829.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_2830.jpg
    IMG_2830.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_2831.jpg
    IMG_2831.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 729
They're going after high-design food-culture establishments only. It's too small a space for an Eataly, but I got the feeling that they want destination restaurants here. Actually it could be as little as one, as many as three, depending upon who goes for what space.

With offices in the podium, there will be less issue with residents affected by noise in the park and potential patios. Win!

So is this confirmed at 194m (636ft)? Such a shame to be so close to 200m AGAIN (E Condos, YC, 1 Yorkville). Come on, why is it so hard for developers to cross that 200m mark in residential towers this year!?

That wasn't exactly Dev's pic - I tweeted that out from the meeting tonight. You guys really ougtha follow us on twitter, plug plug plug!!!

Yes, Lanterra is going to resubmit the application at 60 storeys. The whole building has been narrowed a bit to make the park even larger, so the 6 new storeys are to make up for the smaller floor plate of course! That's come about from further talks with locals and the councillor's office, and in fact Bruce Kuwabara credited Kristyn Wong-Tam for pushing for "anything but a box" in the first place on this design.

Meanwhile, the balcony detailing has been tweaked more too. There are now two floors of offices in the podium. The community facility that was going to be built over the Opera Place garage entrance in the northwest corner of the site has been dropped, and instead the garage entry will be disguised with a green wall and green roof. I've been insisting that the east wall of Aria's podium at Opera Place be screened with green too.

City Planning is crossing their fingers that the legal work can get done before the end of the summer so that Council can pass this before the go into election mode. A stratified transfer of the surface park area to the City needs to happen before any work can start on the park, some of which could open before the tower is built as the parking garage already exists beneath it.

More images coming next!

Thanks for the update i42!

This is looking promising. I had written to KWT and asked for smaller floorplate, higher tower and more park. Nice to see that here. I guess it helps to write to your Councillor.

The retail on the park is excellent. This will be well used by the government offices during the day and then by the community in the evening. The office space is also great to add to the neighbourhood. If the whole space wasn't going to be a park, this seems to be about as good as it can be.

The only thing that looks terribly out of place is the grassy circle near the garage entrance on the westside of the whole lot. I presume that is the condo land next door?

So is this confirmed at 194m (636ft)? Such a shame to be so close to 200m AGAIN (E Condos, YC, 1 Yorkville). Come on, why is it so hard for developers to cross that 200m mark in residential towers this year!?

In the case of YC Condos and E Condos, the developers did original propose towers over 200 metres, but they were cut down as part of the approvals process.

The only thing that looks terribly out of place is the grassy circle near the garage entrance on the westside of the whole lot. I presume that is the condo land next door?

You need a turn around for cars somewhere. This circle area and the area on the south west is actually part of the underground parking of the 900/909 Bay properties. So part of this park will technically be on private property sitting atop underground parking.

They need to find a way to close Breadalbane between the access lanes and connect the parks

I agree, there is so much potential space there. Only issue I can foresee is the YMCA daycare is there. A new location will need to be available for parents to pick up/drop off their children. There is also the issue of what to do with vehicles turning onto Breadalbane from Bay, and how they would turn around.

This circle area and the area on the south west is actually part of the underground parking of the 900/909 Bay properties. So part of this park will technically be on private property sitting atop underground parking.

The park will become City property while the parking below remains private.

Why is 200m such an important number? Ive never understood the fetish over building height.

While yes tall buildings are nice and such I think we would all happily take a well designed public sphere and building over a 200m mediocre project forgotten a couple years later.

That said E, YC and 1 Yorkville are great at any height imho. So bring it on.

Oh man. This looks good. I used to live at 24 Wellesley so it's nice to see the area right in front of it get built up.

I wonder how long, before the YMCA lands get re-developed?
Hey, they might even be able to squeeze it into one big tower and have a larger park:)

There doing it in London

Plans for 24-storey YMCA Wimbledon skyscraper revealed
Wimbledon’s YMCA has been working on its strategic plan to redevelop its building on the Broadway in Wimbledon since 2010 which includes a commitment to build a brand new YMCA building, 100 hostel units, provide better training facilities, a larger health facility, a public plaza with green space and a cafe.
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/..._for_24_storey_Wimbledon_skyscraper_revealed/

Back