Toronto Watermark | ?m | 7s | Queenscorp | Joseph N Campitelli

from today
DSCF6513.jpg

Was by the site yesterday and the grade floor should be done early Jan with parts by year end, subject to weather.

The rest of the building will fly after that as it will be structural steel. Not sure if they will be using a core slab, which would be faster than a pour slab or steel pan deck and concrete.

The other site across the street still looks the same, but looks like some utilities may have been place, but still dirt.

As it stands now, looks like there is only going to be 6 floors, not 7 from what I was seeing today.

There is very little room under the boom and the steel framing in the north-west corner to allow the crane to erect the steel for the 7nd floor/roof.

July 28th

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 635
This building is going to be a great landmark for the neighbourhood and hopefully, will spur more like it. The massing is a perfect size.

A tad dogmatic? I think it fits in perfectly and will look great on this corner, hence why I took the time to take photos for the Forum.

The roof top terrace views should be stunning for the residents.

I don't care about the views nor the fit of the building. Every building in a city has a view ... of something. What should be tackled is the architecture--it's downright embarrassing. It's possibly even worse than Aura or Trump.

If you wanna be inspired by the Gladstone Hotel...hmm that gives me a _____ idea! Wanna see it?

I realize that you don't care about views or fit. I do.

I also should have been more clear what I meant by the term dogmatic (good word to look up btw).

I know that you don't like this project. You have stated it above several times and taken a very unflattering photograph which serves your purposes.

So after I posted my pics from today's photo shoot, immediately restating your e-opinion is unnecessary. I get it. Maybe others get that you don't like it either. Forcing your e-opinion down people's throats is intimidating.

I took the pics because I like the project very much and it serves as a much needed document of the construction progress for those who are actually interested. Going on a tangent comparing to it Aura and Trump is also distracting. This is a mid-rise building in a sub-urban setting which recently won an award. I know that you don't think they should have won it. I don't think that they care.

I take photos of buildings that I like and loathe--equally. The photo I took was unflattering because it was shot from a moving car on a horrendous slushy winter's day.

As for "fit"--this building is clearly a misfit. It stands out like a sore thumb from a reasonable 1-2s continous strip of older buildings, and iirc, replaced a very attractive old building. If it had replaced a parking lot and was only 3s tall, it would be a decent fit.

As for your beliefs, I am puzzled: How can you promote something so wonderful--River City--yet support projects like Watermark?

I usually reserve my snarky comments for my photo updates, but sometimes I don't.:)

Last edited:
I drove by here a couple of weeks ago. It does feel a bit imposing compared to the neighbouring buildings but if clad properly, it will be a landmark for the neighbourhood. When looking up at it, I felt both excited and nervous, not knowing how the finished product will look. I have my fingers crossed.

Back