Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I bought an Elgato VHS to USB to capture the videos,then saved them all on to a 32gb Sandisk Extreme card.I have a card slot on the side of my TV that I plug it into,and all videos play as good as the tapes did,if not better.

There's not even any motion blur due to analog to digital conversion? I've never figured out how to do that to get a good result.

Any updates on the Bay Concourse? The interiors i mean. The most recent I found were from August 2016.
somewhat related: the eastern half of the temporary stairs leading from Bay concourse to Subway station is now completely demolished, and they've started cutting out concrete for the future doors from the new lower level (in the Bay concourse).

There's not even any motion blur due to analog to digital conversion? I've never figured out how to do that to get a good result.
I sometimes notice a very slight pause when a freight train is moving fast with the view facing it directly or at an angle.But I get no blurring other than the way the VHS tape was taken.
I take the converted MP4 video file and save it to a card that has fast read/write speed. I also have Toast on my Mac to burn DVDs or make disk images for future use. I save both the MP4 and Toast images to a FireWire drive that I put into a serial ata case that I used with my Rogers PVR. I got tired of having to reboot it.

Anyone got a status report of bottlenecking at the Leather Shop Byp-- Thoroughfare?
https://mobile.twitter.com/42MikeB/status/841630134557954048

Yikes. It's unfortunate that so many people insist on taking the same, most direct, familiar route all the time.

For instance, given that bottleneck, I have several preferred routes if I want to get to TTC/PATH from GO. The best route would probably be to go down into the Via departures hall, not arrivals, walk up to the great hall, head outside briefly and take the stairs back down to the TTC, or bypass it entirely and enter the path at RBP or Brookfield if I'm heading north. Or, take the bay east teamway--west is likely a little too busy--and walk up to front, cross over and take the stairs down.

That said, it is pretty ridiculous that they STILL haven't opened the moat or any other alternate passageways in the immediate vicinity of that route, especially after closing the last bit of Bay.

Yikes. It's unfortunate that so many people insist on taking the same, most direct, familiar route all the time.

For instance, given that bottleneck, I have several preferred routes if I want to get to TTC/PATH from GO. The best route would probably be to go down into the Via departures hall, not arrivals, walk up to the great hall, head outside briefly and take the stairs back down to the TTC, or bypass it entirely and enter the path at RBP or Brookfield if I'm heading north. Or, take the bay east teamway--west is likely a little too busy--and walk up to front, cross over and take the stairs down.

That said, it is pretty ridiculous that they STILL haven't opened the moat or any other alternate passageways in the immediate vicinity of that route, especially after closing the last bit of Bay.

Yup, cross the street and go down the exterior stairs to RBP...big time saver.

A few years ago when that hostage taking occurred outside Union, a couple of exits obviously had to be blocked off. Even though there were still plenty of open exits, there were people panicking that they could not get out of Union!

...walk up to the great hall, head outside briefly and take the stairs back down to the TTC,

This I prefer too, but IIRC the east exit from the Great Hall is severely restricted as they work on the area in front of the East Wing & new access to Bay Concourse ... and that's where they park the skycrane I think. During peak periods it's probably worth veering to the west exit.

Right?! I know there will likely need to be work on the west moat, but why would you not defer that until pressure is relieved in the Bay concourse. I also still have no clue what work they could possibly be doing in the centre moat.

Right?! I know there will likely need to be work on the west moat, but why would you not defer that until pressure is relieved in the Bay concourse. I also still have no clue what work they could possibly be doing in the centre moat.

Or rather, why the work with the centre moat a) didn't happen earlier or b) taking forever.

AoD

Two more photo updates from Katia Osokine...

C7mzr4LX0AAz7uX.jpg

https://twitter.com/KatiaOsokine/status/844903979112902656

C7m0ohKXwAENHTp.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/KatiaOsokine/status/844905021900763140

Back