Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I wonder if there is even a station master or station manager that do rounds daily to see what's going on and find issues that need to be rectified.

AoD
There is certainly a Manager of the CITY part of the station (Scott Barrett), the TTC supposedly has "Station Managers' and god knows what Metrolinx has. The problem MAY be these people never talk!

There is certainly a Manager of the CITY part of the station (Scott Barrett), the TTC supposedly has "Station Managers' and god knows what Metrolinx has. The problem MAY be these people never talk!

Things were so much easier when TTR owned the station. Once it was bought and divided it all went to hell.

I suspect the problem is that the space is bounded by TTC space and Metrolinx space so NOBODY feels responsible.

Have you told 311??
I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that the Moat, Great Hall, VIA Concourse all fall under the city's responsibility; while the York and Bay Concourse would be Metrolinx responsibility. I'm not sure about who's responsible for the Union Food Market area though. The areas that smell like piss the most around Union station and where there are the most loiterers are in the moat spaces, which means city contracted security arent doing their jobs.

In any case I dont know what 311 would even do in this kind of situation, this is something that the city should be directly aware of. Heck the city has some offices in Union station so it should be even more glaringly obvious. Dont get me wrong i've got no issue contacting 311 (they've been pretty good when i've reached out to them about concerns), but I dont think it would do a lick of anything in this case. If the city cant see that there's an obvious abject failure of responsibility here, then that's a bigger concern altogether.

@DSC mentioned Scott Barrett being the manager for the city part of Union station so maybe it's time to get in touch and let him know how appallingly bad this has gotten.

I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that the Moat, Great Hall, VIA Concourse all fall under the city's responsibility; while the York and Bay Concourse would be Metrolinx responsibility. I'm not sure about who's responsible for the Union Food Market area though. The areas that smell like piss the most around Union station and where there are the most loiterers are in the moat spaces, which means city contracted security arent doing their jobs.

In any case I dont know what 311 would even do in this kind of situation, this is something that the city should be directly aware of. Heck the city has some offices in Union station so it should be even more glaringly obvious. Dont get me wrong i've got no issue contacting 311 (they've been pretty good when i've reached out to them about concerns), but I dont think it would do a lick of anything in this case. If the city cant see that there's an obvious abject failure of responsibility here, then that's a bigger concern altogether.

@DSC mentioned Scott Barrett being the manager for the city part of Union station so maybe it's time to get in touch and let him know how appallingly bad this has gotten.
The city is implementing a new complaints process where 311 would act as the single point of contact for all divisions (311 then escalates to the relevant people), but that's still being implemented, so while contacting them might work, it might be a bit longer before that's the best option. But hopefully once that's in place it'll get a bit easier to report issues.

Here is a map with the different areas and who owns them:
IMG_9007.jpeg

311 is the City agency who handle all complaints and forward them to the appropriate person or Department. I think you are correct that the moats are City property which is why I suggested calling 311.

Here is a map with the different areas and who owns them: View attachment 547920
Great find! I'll be saving this for future reference. From this map it all makes sense now, and it's even more clear and apparent the security company is doing a literal piss pour job here and frankly they need to be fired and replaced.

311 is the City agency who handle all complaints and forward them to the appropriate person or Department. I think you are correct that the moats are City property which is why I suggested calling 311.
I may just give it a try, but honestly i'm not holding my breath in this case.

So I'm muddling through the CREM Capital Budget........

The number of entries for Union Station are quite striking........lots of $$ sloshing around, though most are camouflaged as SOGR.

These, however, were not:

1710620803367.png

Study? .....at this point? What were we doing last year and the year before, and the year before that?

Whoa.......... hold it..............🤣

Can't afford Great Hall Lighting because:

1710620899025.png

What...????

1710620963984.png

I found the Heritage Lighting (unfunded)

1710621043607.png

Looks at the By-Law signage budget, the bollards budget, and the heritage lighting budget............ ummmm

Wasn’t the budget $24M? Maybe they are removing them for $2M.

Crazy no matter how it’s sliced up. Just remove them. Then they can take as long as they want.
From latest CRE to Budget Committee.

"Hostile Vehicle Migration" indeed! I am not sure if this is actual $$ or hopes and prayers. What a carry-on, how the hell can this cost $24 MILLION!!@

View attachment 534559

Just put a dump truck with all the reports and paperwork from these studies - it ought to have enough mass to stop any "hostile vehicle". Heck, it even stopped the government from moving!

AoD
It is not as though ALL areas of possible 'hostile vehicle' migration in the City are protected. I understand why the knee-jerk reaction was to protect people (and the building) at Union Station but this is REALLY a stupid over-reaction. Take the damned Jerseys away, if you can easily do it (which you can) , put in big planters. Crazy Town, indeed!

Back