Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

It is a sad reflection on this project that getting a ceiling painted is worth posting about (with photos!) I assume that one day the City will replace the Jersey barriers and THAT will inspire videos, possibly even with specially composed music :->

As long as we don't get a presser with photo ops, ribbon cutting and speeches, I'd consider it a win.

AoD

Better than before, but deficiencies remains - so much sloppiness with this entire redo.

AoD
I went to inspect the ceiling today (well, I am retired). They are making progress but it is too soon to judge the quality. Some sections seem to have had a final coat of paint, some have clearly only had primer and some are still at the plastering stage. While I agree that it may have deficiencies at the end, it is still too soon to judge.

Last edited:
Taken Monday.
IMG_8811.jpeg
IMG_8810.jpeg

Last edited:
Quite maddening that bus lanes have not been implemented on lakeshore outside of the terminal. I guess the tricky part is being so close to the right turn onto Bay, there would have to be a right turn ban onto Bay to actually increase flow here. That and a continuation of the bus lane onto the Gardiner on-ramp but I guess that is in the hands of the province now.

Last edited:
The Market is quickly becoming my favourite part of this station, I can’t wait for phase 2 to happen:
IMG_5348.jpeg
IMG_5349.jpeg

Speaking of the market, I believe this is for a place called Freshly Squeezed? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong:
IMG_5346.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5346.jpeg
    IMG_5346.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 13
Need more of these micro-sized food CRU's across the city. One reason food is incredibly cheap in Hong Kong despite insane real estate prices (often cheaper to eat out than buy from grocery stores) is that they have a massive inventory of micro-retail units.

The Market is quickly becoming my favourite part of this station, I can’t wait for phase 2 to happen:

View attachment 547070View attachment 547071

Speaking of the market, I believe this is for a place called Freshly Squeezed? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong:
View attachment 547072
I got two spicy patties from Patties (top photo, at right) the other night before seeing Avenged Sevenfold. They were excellent, although the filling was molten lava temperature. Will go again!

As a weekday user of the station - I do have to ask - how difficult is it to resolve the issue of the Bay Concourse reeking of piss *every single morning*?

AoD

I don't find it's the Bay Concourse itself inside the Union Station building. It's the enclosed passageway between the TTC and the entrance to the Bay Concourse. I wonder if that's due to a lack of any airflow from an HVAC system?

This is more about cleaning and air circulation.

I don't find it's the Bay Concourse itself inside the Union Station building. It's the enclosed passageway between the TTC and the entrance to the Bay Concourse. I wonder if that's due to a lack of any airflow from an HVAC system?

I am not sure exactly where it came from - but the smell is stronger in the station concourse than in the moat; the fact that it had lingered on a daily basis suggest little to no effort at locating the source and eliminating it. That's why it is in this thread.

AoD

I think it's more so about getting the "security" at Union station to do their damn jobs and get the loiterers who piss all over the station out of the vicinity. But unfortunately the city seems content just pissing away money hiring people who go for pleasant strolls around the station.

I think it's more so about getting the "security" at Union station to do their damn jobs and get the loiterers who piss all over the station out of the vicinity. But unfortunately the city seems content just pissing away money hiring people who go for pleasant strolls around the station.
I suspect the problem is that the space is bounded by TTC space and Metrolinx space so NOBODY feels responsible.

Have you told 311??

I suspect the problem is that the space is bounded by TTC space and Metrolinx space so NOBODY feels responsible.

Have you told 311??

I wonder if there is even a station master or station manager that do rounds daily to see what's going on and find issues that need to be rectified.

AoD

Back