Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Pizza Pizza has bland doe and sauce. Even for cheap and quick pizza, almost any chain and hole in the wall beats it.

This is starting to go off topic, but my personal rule with Pizza Pizza is you have 20 mins after it comes out of the oven before it turns to cardboard. It is good, in my humble opinion, until the 20 minute mark.

But overall I am happy with this list. It will be great to be able to grab some grub before a Leafs game, or while waiting for a train.

... the problem with pizza pizza is not the pizza, it's the franchise operators and the people they hire suck. There are a few (and I mean few) pizza pizza locations that are actually quite good.

It seems there is a fairly universal concern over pizza - and it dates back to the early days of UT even:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/best-pizza-place.1027/
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/pizza.17592/

Perhaps best to continue the convo there - and leave this thread back to Union Station related postings.

MoD
thanks for that....afterall, this space is clearly needed to debate whether Union Chicken or Swiss Chalet was the right "choice" of rotisserie chicken retailer ;) :) :)

Back to Union Station... I may have been napping but I just noticed this on City website, dated July 31.

Union Station Moat Covers
As part of the Union Station Revitalization project, the City of Toronto is installing four glass covers over the Station's pedestrian moats, which run along the Bay, Front and York Street sides of the building.
What are the moat covers?
The moat covers consist of steel beams and glass, which will create a giant skylight around the perimeter of the Station.
The glass moat covers were designed to provide enhanced pedestrian circulation, protection from inclement weather, and an improved experience for pedestrians entering and exiting the Station or transferring to the subway.
Where are they being installed?
There will be four moat covers installed as part of the project, the Front St. West and East moat covers, as well as the York and Bay St. moat covers.
The Front St. moat covers will completely enclose the space leading from the main Union Station structure to the Toronto Transit Commission subway entrance, converting a previously exterior space into an interior space.
When is the timeline for completion?
The Front St. moat covers are scheduled to be completed by the end of 2017, with the Bay and York St. moat covers being installed later in 2018.
Quick Facts •
. Combined all four moat require over 26,000 square feet of glass and 437 metric tonnes of steel.
• The Front Street moat covers will create over 15,000 square feet of new enclosed space at Union Station • The Bay and York Street moat covers will add over 10,000 square feet of covered outdoor space.

See: https://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Tor...PDFs/fact-sheet-union-station-moat-covers.pdf

Posted by Anne Marie Aikins on Twitter:

Anne Marie Aikins‏@femwriter
Reflecting on the pretty glass going in over the moat. @unionstationTO

upload_2017-10-12_20-55-29.png

Mod Edit - for link and image

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-12_20-55-29.png
    upload_2017-10-12_20-55-29.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 368
Last edited by a moderator:

Back