Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

That looks really sharp. Something about the dark/black for the beams is clearly the right choice. And the way it's so smooth between panes...looks almost smooth enough to rollerblade across. *lol preemptive apology if that may restart the debate of ppl on the glass.

If in case someone throw out rock or piece of metal on the roof ,does the glass has solid surface to withstand or to resist falling heavy objects ?
It looked thick enough to stand on. I imagine that glass cleaning staff should be able to safely walk on it with cloth footwear. In all likelihood, they'll walk only along the center spine with squeegees on long poles. Also, a hose with a pressurized water spray, from the sides, can also contribute to cleaning when necessary.

IMG_3789.JPG

Just a progress shot, because I'm sure I'm not the only one obsessively visiting this page for updates. About 2/3 of the glass appears to be installed.

Attachments

• IMG_3789.JPG
    IMG_3789.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 383
I was wondering the same thing. Looks great, but also seems like it'll be a magnet for dirt and bird crap.
Maybe if you hang fake birds inside the glass it scares the real birds away from pooping.....otherwise I can't imagine how else they keep this clean:

upload_2017-10-17_14-47-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-17_14-47-45.png
    upload_2017-10-17_14-47-45.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 557
Reactions: syn
Maybe if you hang fake birds inside the glass it scares the real birds away from pooping.....otherwise I can't imagine how else they keep this clean:

View attachment 124372
With the roof basically at grade, it won't be that hard for crews to clean the moat covers.

Looks amazing. How in the world are they going to keep the glass clean?

If you look closely in the "gutter" channels on either side of the glass you can see structural steel mounting plates (flat steel squares with 4 bolt holes). I wonder if they will be installing rails on either side of the canopy to support a rolling stage. From what I remember from the last time I was up on the Eaton Centre roof they have something similar there, it is kind of like a "catwalk on wheels" which can roll along to be positioned where needed while bridging the glass canopy to support cleaners and maintenance techs.

View attachment 124372

@TOareaFan The Eaton Centre has a stage that runs along a track. You can see it in this picture, the ends of it fold in so it can fit past the elevators, stairwells, etc.

photo3jpg.jpg

Attachments

• photo3jpg.jpg
    photo3jpg.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 458
Reactions: syn

Back