Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Maybe the interest for these buildings is stronger than they anticipated. The original sign on Bay & St. Mary said the price was 'from the low $300,000's', they put a sticker over that and now it says 'from the mid $300,000's.'

Names of condos really doesn't matter, because after it's built, the people who live in it and see it don't refer to it by a name anyway.

Sometimes I refer to Spire as Spire, and I hear other people do it too. (The name of the condo stands above the entrances in medium sized silver letters).
But yes, if I lived in a building with a particularly terrible or awkward name, I don't imagine I would ever say it out loud.

I think it depends on the name. People in the Hudson still refer to it as the Hudson (which may also have something to do with the fact the name is printed on the building entrance above the address), but I doubt many purchasers in the Bohemian Embassy *cringe* will be using that name once they move in.

Names of condos really doesn't matter, because after it's built, the people who live in it and see it don't refer to it by a name anyway.
They do in my experience. Examples are Market Square, Morgan, HVE, Apex, Hudson, Mozo, King's Court, The Richmond... A lot of these buildings have their names posted right above the entrances.

^^^ Yeah, I don't think anyone is going to say, "I live at the Star of Downtown"

Condos have more "name identity". OTOH, I don't hear of many who refer to the St. James Town towers by their individual identities...

Would be interesting to see how well this building will sell in current market conditions.

I wonder how many more buyers are out there willing to pay $650 sq foot.

^ A good question. These more recent projects seem to come onto the market based on market conditions of one or two years ago. They would probably do fine then, but present conditions just might be a new ball game when it comes to the success of those sales.

In this months condo guide there are a lot of discounts and incentives from builders... A good sign of competition and softening market... anybody that want's to charge north of $600 better have something spectacular

but thats another thing and a relatively minor one at that.

I say Pemberton cheaped out on the advertising signage and recycled the "U" from the Uptown .. :D

androiduk said:
You're saying 460 sq. ft 1 bedroom and drummer is saying 700 sq. ft 1 bedroom. Do you think there will be such a range of 1 bedroom sizes? .

You'd be surprised at what developers are passing off as a 1 bedroom these days - under 550 sf = that used to be called a bachelor !

If there is a bedroom (a separate room with a window and at least 70sqft of space or whatever the code dictates), then it's a one bedroom. A bachelor (or studio) means there is no separate bedroom and often includes a Murphy bed or requires the resident to use a pullout sofa.

If there is a bedroom (a separate room with a window and at least 70sqft of space or whatever the code dictates), then it's a one bedroom. A bachelor (or studio) means there is no separate bedroom and often includes a Murphy bed or requires the resident to use a pullout sofa.

So do units with interior 'bedrooms' and no exterior windows be really called 'bedrooms'?

Back