Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

the owner is shown as 'Lifetime Urban Development Group', who is a partner in Waterpark City, Lumiere on Bay, and the new Four Seasons

yes indeed ... see below

Building Footprints
site.jpg

Mel Pearl heads up Lifetime Homes. He is primarily an investor, not a developer. That said, he is one of those involved in partmership with Great Gulf, in the proposed condo development at 580 Jarvis Street (former Pizza Pizza site), and I think he has had involvement in a few other new developments as already mentioned. He is a recognized name in real estate circles and his involvement here would add credibility to the proposal.

found out this weekend from the Liberty Market Lofts sales office (also by same builders) that is fact BLVD and Lifetime Urban are family branch business operated by father & son (BLVD is son)

City Planning Final Report

Poor little Domus (it is such a beautiful building), now boxed in by The Florian and this project ~

There goes the east view from The Florian
(purchasers will be not-so-pleasantly suprised to find out about this project when they move in ;))

Developer is Lifetime Urban Development Group

To be considered by Toronto & East York Community Council on October 13, 2009:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-23834.pdf

This application proposes to demolish a two-storey office building, a vacant two-storey building, and a pair of two-and-a-half-storey semi-detached dwellings, and to construct a 28-storey residential building with a four-storey podium. The proposed building consists of 166 residential units and 165 vehicular parking spaces in five levels of underground parking accessible from McMurrich Street. The plan proposes six two-storey graderelated units along McMurrich Street. All servicing will take place internal to the building.

The proposed development has been found to be substantially in compliance with the development criteria for Mixed Used Areas, Apartment Neighbourhoods, Downtown, Public Realm, Built Form, and all other relevant Official Plan policies and urban design guidelines. Thus, this report reviews and recommends approval of the application to amend the Zoning By-law.

Site Plan - shows the relationship to Domus + Florian
32Davenport-1.jpg

Elevations
32Davenport-2.jpg
32Davenport-3.jpg
32Davenport-4.jpg
32Davenport-5.jpg

Oh this looks good! Now I just wish they'd knock down that tacky Domus building and townies--both which sit awkwardly on site.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone call Domus tacky. In fact, I have only heard praise about the building, and the design. It is a cool neo-gothic looking building.

Further to the exteriors, the interiors are also quite amazing, especially the 2-storey suites.

Also of note is the great landscaping between the townhouses and the main-building, which (I believe) will be continued to Davenport once The Florian is built.

Great pictures posted by Solaris above.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone call Domus tacky. In fact, I have only heard praise about the building, and the design. It is a cool neo-gothic looking building.

Further to the exteriors, the interiors are also quite amazing, especially the 2-storey suites.

Also of note is the great landscaping between the townhouses and the main-building, which (I believe) will be continued to Davenport once The Florian is built.

Great pictures posted by Solaris above.

I agree. I live down the street and pass the Domus everyday. One of the truly unique buildings in the city, and one of my favorites. If only a 2 storey suite was in my price range, lol.

You guys did a great job on it (you were the development manager on the project with Diamante were you not?)

I'm strangely fine with the departure of those older homes, but the M+T building will be a real loss. What's on the outside is relatively disposable, but inside that envelope they have created quite a bucolic oasis.

Back