Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Still not convinced the retail will do well here - we'll have to see ! The high end retail would be competing with Yorkville... but it's a lot to fill ! Not-so-high end retail of course competes with the Eaton Center / Queen Street / ...
If it gives the market hall and retail area a good vibe I can see it doing very well. Maybe it's just me but I don't like to go to Eaton Center unless I have a specific item on my list, the Well seems to be the place you can just go walk around after dinner. I really hope they get a few unique retailers there

A reasonably busy day at The Well for a Saturday of a long holiday weekend. Three of the tower cranes were operating for at least a portion of the day - the two for the office tower and the one for the south-east residential tower. A number of concrete truck deliveries also arrived, with two differrent concrete pumps being used - one for the area of the south-east residential building, the other for the area of the south-central building. The concrete pours were actually taking place in below grade areas - so not the actual residential towers themselves. The last of the concrete deliveries finished up just before 7 PM this evening.

Two photos - taken just before 7 PM this evening - with the last of the concrete delivery trucks visible on the Front Street side of the site.

Big.jpg

Little.jpg

Still not convinced the retail will do well here - we'll have to see ! The high end retail would be competing with Yorkville... but it's a lot to fill ! Not-so-high end retail of course competes with the Eaton Center / Queen Street / ...

Think it should be fine. It's a trendy area. Not everyone wants to treck to EAton's Center. Queen Street retail shouldn't compete with what's going in here.

I think the scale of it is why I question he success i.e. as others have stated there is a lot of new retail here ! Time will tell ! The office building (and the various along Spadina / Wellington will certainly help!

I think the scale of it is why I question he success i.e. as others have stated there is a lot of new retail here ! Time will tell ! The office building (and the various along Spadina / Wellington will certainly help!
and Cityplace too, there is a bridge connecting CityPlace to the well, knowing it's the center of downtown millenials, should provide some foot traffic.

The distribution pipe from the concrete pump on the south side of Wellington goes down into the Enwave cistern - presumably forming the base of the tank structure, in advance of installation of the tank base related equipment. Still pouring concrete at 5 PM this evening.

IMG_20190813_165135.jpg

Back