Toronto The Ivy | 110.33m | 34s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

Urbanation posted a link on twitter that clears up the developers intentions with the properties.

2-8 Gloucester Developer Sets the Record Straight (No pun intended!)
Urbanation posted a link to an online article from Xtra! - Canada's Gay and Lesbian News yesterday, see the article here: http://www.xtra.ca/public/Toronto/C...orce_out_Fly_Fire_on_the_East_Side-10455.aspx

Angel Developments contacted Urbanation to clarify some of the concerns / issues raised in the article. The developer indicated that "The designated Masonic Hall is being wholly-retained without any internal modifications, and the smaller listed property adjacent to the lane is being incorporated in the development as well" and that the project will not just retain the facades of these buildings but the entire original buildings.

Angel Developments also mentioned that the clubs would not be forced to close and that “we’re currently in the process of discussing a potential lease extension with the owners, while also providing them with clarity as the process unfolds so that their eventual transition away from the property is as seamless as possibleâ€.
Urbanation would like to thank the developer for passing this info on. Transparency in the development industry is much needed to quell misconceptions and rumours from taking hold of the public and causing unneeded headaches.
At Urbanation we are very much looking forward to the transformation of Yonge Street in the coming years by Angel, Lanterra, Mod and Canderel.
Have a great weekend.

Urbanation posted a link on twitter that clears up the developers intentions with the properties.

i'm pretty sure the notice sign already states this info....so i dont think it's exactly news at this point. i guess Urbanation re-iterated it because of the misrepresentations in the xtra article.

30 Gloucester

^It wasn't when it was built... It switched to Condo late 90's early 00's, IIRC.

I think it may have been a bit earlier than that...I know the rooftop pool linking the two buildings (when both were rental) was decommissioned when it was converted...too bad...would've been cool...but the rental building kept the tennis court...too bad...also it's technically not a condo (legally speaking), but a co-ownership.

2014 - TO's first visible minority gay (female) mayor ! ? ! ? !

That would be nice! Progressive and understandable...I remember when I met her once at an urban design charette, she had some cool ideas about optimizing/revitalizing the laneways...one in particular she had renderings and everything...I wish I remembered which one...but definitely a nice change to what we got stuck with now!

34 parking spaces for 211 units??

Thats a great number and a nice low ratio. I love the number and can we try going to 10% parking space alone Yonge??

Looking at the rest of the block, it can go depending how old the northern building is.
5924581739_49c87278d3_b.jpg

5925155420_919ae3a535_b.jpg

5924585463_41c038f783_b.jpg

I really like this one. I walked by the building the other day and was able to take a close look at the rendering that's on the sign. I'm surprised they put such a detailed picture up (good surprise). Looks really good so far. Different than all the other glass towers going up and seems like a lot of thought went into the integration of the historical buildings. I'm curious to hear Hariri Pontarini walk through the details at the public meeting.

Thats a great number and a nice low ratio. I love the number and can we try going to 10% parking space alone Yonge??

Looking at the rest of the block, it can go depending how old the northern building is.
5924581739_49c87278d3_b.jpg

I like these buildings however defaced they may be. I think that little hotel at Bay & Elm are using the same tiles that can be found here. Lose the tiles, restore the brick and there are are two handsome & "worthy" buildings under that mess.

I like these buildings however defaced they may be. I think that little hotel at Bay & Elm are using the same tiles that can be found here. Lose the tiles, restore the brick and there are are two handsome & "worthy" buildings under that mess.

Which ones? The Rabba Building and the one beside it with the Toko and Gym?

Which ones? The Rabba Building and the one beside it with the Toko and Gym?

The two adjoining buildings painted white along Yonge, and around the corner on Isabella. Not the Rabba store.

They do have a robust, "warehousey" look (was the part on the right an addition to the part on the corner?)--and while I'm not one to piece everythng together, they do have a place in Yonge St gay/straight lore as "venues" of some sort or another...

This Site with the TOKO was just purchased for 11 mil by RABBA FOODS.

Back