Toronto The Ivy | 110.33m | 34s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

great proposal .... interesting looking modern glass building while respecting / providing for heritage preservation

great proposal .... interesting looking modern glass building while respecting / providing for heritage preservation

Sorry, you'll have to clarify how this is "great looking" and aA's work is 'justa buncha borin' boxes.' (Not saying I don't like what's proposed above, just don't quite understand the double standard).

i pesonally am tired of "modern glass buildings". most of the units seem to be bachelors and small one bedrooms. I think we enough of these types of condo towers in the downtown core.

i pesonally am tired of "modern glass buildings". most of the units seem to be bachelors and small one bedrooms. I think we enough of these types of condo towers in the downtown core.

What does the fact that the building is modern or covered in glass have to do with the size of the units?

Sorry, you'll have to clarify how this is "great looking" and aA's work is 'justa buncha borin' boxes.' (Not saying I don't like what's proposed above, just don't quite understand the double standard).

This is not aA, it's HPA. i think theyve done a good job of providing a nice old-meets-new feeling to it.

Gloucester

Just read through the planning documents...looks like much of the heavy lifting has already been done...interesting that only 34 parking spots and over 300 bicycle spaces ...nice change in direction...what a different city we'd be living in if this was the norm for the past 60 years...I thought someone had said they'd be townhouses as part of this plan...nothing mentioned about that...too bad, I was hoping a few would've fronted the park (newly extended park) on the eastern side...similar to those townhomes that face west on the eastern side of the park about midway.

Just read through the planning documents...looks like much of the heavy lifting has already been done...interesting that only 34 parking spots and over 300 bicycle spaces ...nice change in direction...what a different city we'd be living in if this was the norm for the past 60 years...I thought someone had said they'd be townhouses as part of this plan...nothing mentioned about that...too bad, I was hoping a few would've fronted the park (newly extended park) on the eastern side...similar to those townhomes that face west on the eastern side of the park about midway.

this is very refreshing. i agree with daniel, the downtown core would be so much more pleasant today if developers had been pushing for this sort of bicycle-over-car vision earlier. the perceived difficulty in selling suites without parking was the impediment. we'll see how this one does with its proposed setup. my guess is the focus on bikes/walking draws a different demo to the building.

Not a fan of that mechanical box/penthouse/whatever protuberance on top. They always seem to ruin the exterior flow of the building.

This has to be one of the worst websites ever. But I guess it's just filler until they get their project approved and ready for the market.

http://www.angel-developments.com/angel-developments.html

Wow...you're right! And they're planning on building a tower!? If this is any indication of their expertise, I'm not holding out hope on how this'll turn out...then again, hopefully this is just a minor blip and not indicative of their development abilities...HOPEFULLY!

Back