Toronto The Ivy | 110.33m | 34s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

18 Gloucester Lane is to be designated, pending Toronto Preservation Board and subsequent City Council approval: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.PB21.4

As far as I know, it is not part of this development, but is adjacent, so I'll post it here anyway: 615 Yonge Street (building immediately north of Gloucester Mews) is to be designated, pending Toronto Preservation Board and subsequent City Council approval: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.PB21.5

And finally:
"This report recommends that City Council approve alterations to the property located at 2-8 Gloucester Street and authorize the amendment of former City of Toronto By-law No. 532-82 designating the property under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act. This report also recommends that City Council authorize the entering into of a Heritage Easement Agreement for the subject property. The applicant is proposing to construct a 34-storey residential tower as part of a development that includes the preservation of 2 Gloucester Street (Masonic Hall Buildings), and the rehabilitation of the original front elevations of the Charles Levey Houses at 8 (12) Gloucester Street, heritage buildings that are part of the development site."

From: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.PB21.2

hmm I thought this one was dead.. I guess with the recent sales successes in the area developers are ramping up old proposals to try and take advantage.

The owners of the club at that location recently signed a new lease expiring sometime in 2022 or 2023. I can't remember the date. Seems odd to sign a long term lease just a few months ago? The club even put in a few dollars renovating the place.

Last edited:
The owners of the club at that location recently signed a new lease expiring sometime in 2022 or 2023. I can't remember the date. Seems odd to sign a long term lease just a few months ago? The club even put in a few dollars renovating the place.

Fly is renovated? I certainly didn't notice. If you're referring to the restaurant though, it's nothing special. Just a changed name and some new drywall/fixturings.

They installed a new LED lighting system and made improvements to the sound. They waited until the new lease was signed before making the changes. Not major renovations but certainly not changes you would make if you were being thrown out in the short term.

They installed a new LED lighting system and made improvements to the sound. They waited until the new lease was signed before making the changes. Not major renovations but certainly not changes you would make if you were being thrown out in the short term.

1. Cresford is not developing the property. 2. Fly's lease ends this year - they have decided to leave and the building owner is currently marketing the space for lease to a new operator.

Both points confirmed earlier today.

1. Cresford is not developing the property. 2. Fly's lease ends this year - they have decided to leave and the building owner is currently marketing the space for lease to a new operator.

Confirmed by whom?

I see on the restaurants facebook page that they just closed suddenly. Something happened recently!

Last edited:

Well it was officially announced today that fly will close June 30th. You obviously have a good source of information! If you hear any info on who might take over, please let us know!

http://dailyxtra.com/toronto/news/fly-nightclub-close-worldpride

Back