Toronto The Ivy | 110.33m | 34s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

Came across this old pic of Yonge & Gloucester. The new condo will go in on the right hand side of the pic.

yongegloucester.jpg

I just noticed in that picture: the present-day Scientology building already stands on the left side.

Came across this old pic of Yonge & Gloucester. The new condo will go in on the right hand side of the pic.

yongegloucester.jpg

cool pic! the new tower will slot in nicely to the right of the original masonic hall....i think what's shown there in this pic has been demo'd and replaced by the newer fire on the east side mish-mash.

I just noticed in that picture: the present-day Scientology building already stands on the left side.

if you look closely i believe you can see a bit of the olympic pizza building as well...what a cool shot!

cool pic! the new tower will slot in nicely to the right of the original masonic hall....i think what's shown there in this pic has been demo'd and replaced by the newer fire on the east side mish-mash.

I'd take exception to "slot in nicely next to Masonic Hall". I very much like how it stands so proudly, catching the eye of every passer-by and how it serves the street below so well.

Just to set the record straight that building isnt going - its being preserved

Which building, Masonic Hall? If so, yip, it's a heritage building plus there are condo lofts in there we have learned.

Rezoning application, dated Sept 21/2012, now indicates this proposal has increased to 34 storeys.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2923972

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the area with a 34-storey residential tower with commercial uses at grade. The new building will contain 232 residential units. The existing 5-storey condominium with 20 residential units will remain. 4-levels of below grade parking with 66 car parking spaces will be provided.

Rezoning application, dated Sept 21/2012, now indicates this proposal has increased to 34 storeys.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2923972

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the area with a 34-storey residential tower with commercial uses at grade. The new building will contain 232 residential units. The existing 5-storey condominium with 20 residential units will remain. 4-levels of below grade parking with 66 car parking spaces will be provided.

Makes sense, everything being proposed and built in the vacinity is, 40s-50s-60s-70s-80s

It doesn't make it right at this particular location. City planning and the OMB have completely taken leave of their senses.

Makes sense, everything being proposed and built in the vacinity is, 40s-50s-60s-70s-80s

I love to see all the highrises and increased density. One question though, why is it always residential? We hardly see any major commercial buildings been proposed north of Queen st... I wish there were one more big department store and some more highrise office buildings at Yonge/Bloor, making it another CDB, or maybe the demand isn't there.

This is a standard ploy of developers - propose a height that they think will get buy in from the city/community and then go back and ask for more floors. Its outrageous. More height isnt appropriate here. And I agree that and Yonge and Bloor could be a good office building location. We keep building condos but where is everyone going to work?

Why do you say that? If you have some information on the status of this development please share.

Back