Toronto The Georgian | 27.6m | 7s | Stafford | RAW Design

From an IG ad by Stafford:

20220123_004736.jpg

"Intimate collection...." shallow marketing at its finest. Still, this is going to accelerate the change at that particularly dour intersection.... it could use a little love, maybe bringing some of that Cabbagetown magic a little further south along Parliament.

The building itself looks reasonably promising based on the renderings.

On the other hand, I'll just say this. When we're looking at "starting at the $800's" for the smallest units here then that's pretty telling about the reality of where precon is now at in this city.

Taken from the local community FB page:

As you may or may not be aware, a new developer purchased the Beer Store property at 227 Gerrard St. East. As part of that sale, The Beer Store is given priority with new retail space that will be located in the new building.

At a recent public meeting about the proposed plans, residents were informed The Beer Store plans to open a mega store, with a square footage coming in at almost 7,000 sq. ft.

A local resident who was at that public meeting wrote The Beer Store directly to express their concerns about the size and scale of their proposed retail space. The letter they got back from The Beer Store contained a number of inaccuracies which our residents association has since responded to directly. You can read their statement here:

Also, should you wish to sign it, there's an online petition that's been started. The aim of the petition is to ensure the community's comments, concerns and feedback are heard and that The Beer Store ultimately reduces the scale of their store to one that's better suited to an urban environment like ours.

Taken from the local community FB page:

As you may or may not be aware, a new developer purchased the Beer Store property at 227 Gerrard St. East. As part of that sale, The Beer Store is given priority with new retail space that will be located in the new building.

At a recent public meeting about the proposed plans, residents were informed The Beer Store plans to open a mega store, with a square footage coming in at almost 7,000 sq. ft.

A local resident who was at that public meeting wrote The Beer Store directly to express their concerns about the size and scale of their proposed retail space. The letter they got back from The Beer Store contained a number of inaccuracies which our residents association has since responded to directly. You can read their statement here:

Also, should you wish to sign it, there's an online petition that's been started. The aim of the petition is to ensure the community's comments, concerns and feedback are heard and that The Beer Store ultimately reduces the scale of their store to one that's better suited to an urban environment like ours.

Signed it, thanks JSM.

Is the property owner or developer obligated to offer the Beer Store this location? It does nothing but hurt the market value of the condo units.

Last edited:
Site location is currently a Beer Store with substantial parking lot on Gerrard St E, between Seaton & Ontario St.

227 GERRARD ST E
Can you please adjust the thread title so that the address is included? I was trying to find any content here on 227 Gerrard St. East but had to dig. Cheers.

Can you please adjust the thread title so that the address is included? I was trying to find any content here on 227 Gerrard St. East but had to dig. Cheers.

Hey mate. I'm not a forum mod or admin so I can't call the shots on naming the thread title here. From what I'm aware of, the standard format is the marketing name is used for titles.

Hey mate. I'm not a forum mod or admin so I can't call the shots on naming the thread title here.
Easy peesy. Just go to your first post and click at the right corner to "Edit Thread" and you can change the title to whatever you want.

How to Change Thread Title.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-17 141629.jpg

From what I'm aware of, the standard format is the marketing name is used for titles.

The project address is commonly included in the Buildings forum, otherwise unless you know what the developer's marketing folks want to call it you'd never find it. I imagine that's why you used the street address on your earlier thread https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...west-30-67m-8s-gairloch-bdp-quadrangle.30661/

Last edited:
Easy peesy. Just go to your first post and click at the right corner to "Edit Thread" and you can change the title to whatever you want.

View attachment 380741

View attachment 380742

Yep, I'm aware of the steps to take for modifying the title if you started the thread.

However, when it comes to these new building project threads, the forum admins adjust and keep the title format consistently with the marketing name convention to match the project's database profile. So it's not quite up to me to just change it ad hoc like this.

The project address is commonly included in the Buildings forum, otherwise unless you know what the developer's marketing folks want to call it you'd never find it. I imagine that's why you used the street address on your earlier thread https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...west-30-67m-8s-gairloch-bdp-quadrangle.30661/

From my understanding, Buildings forum thread titles begin with street addresses when that is the only identifier available.

Once the project itself gets updated with a marketing moniker, then the mods will change titles/databases to that name.

Just relaying the standard practice of forum mods/admins, that's all.

Last edited:
Signed it, thanks JSM.

Is the property owner or developer obligated to offer the Beer Store this location? It does nothing but hurt the market value of the condo units.
I really don't think anything can hurt the market value in this city anymore, the GTA market is out of control.

I really don't think anything can hurt the market value in this city anymore, the GTA market is out of control.
There is that. If I was a young adult just starting out there's no way I would stay in the GTA. What's a starting salary now, about $50k, how can you buy a $1 million + house or condo?

There is that. If I was a young adult just starting out there's no way I would stay in the GTA. What's a starting salary now, about $50k, how can you buy a $1 million + house or condo?
I know the feeling. Ended up buying in Oshawa three years ago since even then it was our last hope at getting into the market. I couldn't imagine starting out now and wonder if we'll ever be able to move back to Toronto.

Back