Toronto The Florian | ?m | 25s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Hariri Pontarini

Pic taken Oct 29, 2011

MEZ5U.jpg

this is a beauty but it's taking a very long time to complete... I guess when you give attention to detail it takes a bit longer.

Nice pic Jassonzed, 4 of the cities best projects when it comes to attention to details are in that view - 77 Charles, One St. Thomas, The Four Season's and of course The Florian. Can't wait until the day when 5 more great projects will join them in that area - Cumberland Terrace, The Yorkville Residence, The St. Thomas, 94 Cumberland and One Bloor East.

They've painted the undersides of the balconies - which is good. I just wish that they could have used a matching light gray tone for that job.

We have updated pics in a front page story here.

Personally speaking, I find the execution a little clumsy. The marble and brick on the podium kind of clash. Not horrible, but certainly not my fave either.

Those who love this building, please return to your regular programming.

I don't really understand the love for this building. I find that the transition between its materials and its different schemes on the tower (the curtain wall into the brick sections with set-back windows) don't work very well.

I don't really understand the love for this building. I find that the transition between its materials and its different schemes on the tower (the curtain wall into the brick sections with set-back windows) don't work very well.

I do see your point to a certain degree but you to hand it to them in terms of the quality of the materials used, at least the perceived quality ... it really does look great in person.

Back