Toronto The Berczy | 41.76m | 13s | Concert | Arcadis

This project cannot be said to be a disaster, but this corner should have gotten something a lot more sophisticated given its prominence. The podium is the most attractive part of the building, but it doesn't even fit in with the traditional streetscape on Front Street in spite of making an effort. It doesn't match the roofline of the neighbouring blocks on Front Street, which have mansard roofs. The brick facade looks neither modern nor traditional, and doesn't even make references to the architectural traditions of the area.

These units will have a great view of the CN Tower, along with a romantic view of a character filled Scott Lane.
Ok. So it's not Paris, with the Eiffel Tower. I'm just trying to imagine how a real estate agent would describe it.

Last edited:
I've been noticing in the mornings that the spandrel is just as reflective as the glass, so if you are looking at it from the side, you can't tell what's window and what's not.

These units will have a great view of the CN Tower, along with a romantic view of a character filled Scott Lane.
Ok. So it's not Paris, with the Eiffel Tower. I'm just trying to imagine how a real estate agent would describe it.

It may not be Paris, but I'd never consider the CN Tower to be any lesser a tower than the Eiffel Tower.

It may not be Paris, but I'd never consider the CN Tower to be any lesser a tower than the Eiffel Tower.

of course, as you are from Toronto.
Outside Canada, the CN tower is a much lower recognition than Eiffel tower. Probably similar to the Space Needle in Seattle.

of course, as you are from Toronto.
Outside Canada, the CN tower is a much lower recognition than Eiffel tower. Probably similar to the Space Needle in Seattle.

Incorrect. CN Tower was the tallest structure in the world for quite a while, so it might not be as recognized as Eiffel tower, it is definitely more known than Space Needle. When I was coming to Toronto in 1992, I knew about CN tower, but had no idea what Space Needle was.

Last edited:
haha the CN Tower has been a big deal for a long time...and yes, even outside our tiny, backwoods town called Toronto :p

Took a walk around this afternoon and snapped some shots. I want to wait until it's all finished to see exactly how I feel about the transition between the cladding.

8626217026_6f01c0c55b_b.jpg

8626221624_de10dd4de5_b.jpg

8626220956_20c42739cf_b.jpg

8625112809_17ed5a3dae_b.jpg

8626217950_d28f9df99c_b.jpg

8626219552_da7e53d1a0_b.jpg

8625111663_f481403653_b.jpg

Often, you can tell how it's going to turn out before it's completed based on the rendering and cladding that's already installed. But some designs confound this approach, especially if they have many disparate elements which have to come together, like Trump.

Having walked by this today, I have to say that the top does not look as garishly awful as it does in the pictures posted. Silver lining?

Having walked by this today, I have to say that the top does not look as garishly awful as it does in the pictures posted. Silver lining?

I sincerely think this building could have been one of the best in recent years if they had incorporated the brown brick in the upper areas as well. I am not sure if they can still do so now but the design really missed brown ascents in the glass areas.

Back