Toronto The Address at High Park | ?m | 12s | Chestnut Hill | BDP Quadrangle

Cool

20/21 October 2010: I was wondering wtf has been keeping me awake when I should be sleeping...this:

dsc01371yp.jpg

Urbandreamer...wow...this shot is amazing...any chance you can take it again, but just a bit up and to the right... :)
...too bad those ugly slabs are blocking part of the view...

They are done ripping the old building down but I haven't seen anybody on the site for the last two weeks. I purchased a condo at the address and am hoping that it will be ready in March 2012. This being said,I doubt it at the same time. Does anybody know what the avergae delay is for new condo buildings? Did anybody else purchase at this location? Would love to hear some opinions.

They are done ripping the old building down but I haven't seen anybody on the site for the last two weeks. I purchased a condo at the address and am hoping that it will be ready in March 2012. This being said,I doubt it at the same time. Does anybody know what the avergae delay is for new condo buildings? Did anybody else purchase at this location? Would love to hear some opinions.

at least 9 months, more likely 1 yr+

That's what I figured too. I think it will be spring - summer 2013 for the occupancy date.
They've sold enough units to start construction; so that's the good news.

The last time I spoke with the office they said they were working with a consultant to figure out the shoring. I wonder if they've hit a couple snags? Regardless, I don't understand why builders haven't mastered the art of customer service yet. It would be rediculously easy to have an admin person send out a monthly email updating purchasers on whats going on. As a purchaser I would rather know that they're waiting for permits from the city then knowing nothing.

I also just realized that my unit will likely be one of the last ones ready for occupancy. I'm on the top floor facing north. Looking at the lot layout and building construction I'm pretty confident the construction service elevator will be right in my unit.

I completely agree with you. I hate that they are not able or willing to keep the buyers updated on what's going on. I don't mind having to wait longer as long as I know why.

My unit is a corner on the 10th floor and I will be one of the last ones to move in as well.(facing north - earth) This being said, I hope that service elevator will be close towards the middle.

How was your overall experience so far? My purchase contract is with the lawyer and my c0oling off period runs out Tuesday which makes me double and triple check everything :)

I was just about to send in my purchase agreement haha

I sent an E-mail to the builder in regards to timelines,etc... and am hoping to hear back soon. I think it is not uncommon but would like to know how far behind schedule we are. Construction was supposed to start in June

Does anyone know if this is a normal thing to be refused on first attempt?

It is not 'abnormal' for any part of building permits to get a 'refusal notice' ... but it is no big deal, the applicant just probably has to resubmit with more details, and once the issues are addressed the permit will then be issued

Back